Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathiker, Nov 11, 2020.

1. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

A thread for 2020 stories. It's been a year and a half. Please don't fight, backbite, or get political.

2. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

My favorite clickbait animal video:

mmahamilton, Tanya, MadHouse and 3 others like this.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Poor little hammie that got stuck on the spinning wheel!:lolgoat: What happens if it wants to get off?:dazed:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :heehee:
    Too funny, love the chicken and the dog.

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Do the hamsters ever get dizzy? Wow...I would
    Loved the pup & chicken. So funny.

6. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Poor little rodents. (rofl) I was laughing but felt bad about the poor little critters.

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Here is my 2020. April, rescued a baby goat and fell in love. May 2020, the virus that shall not be named made me a widow. June 2020 rescued a second goat and fell in love again. Oh I am so fickle. July 2020 turned 44 -dang I am getting old. August 2020 rescued Mei the donkey calf - and lost her to pneumoniae. August 2020 rescued a red coat jackal from wild dogs - released to the coast where she belongs. Sept 2020 rescued a young puppy - lost him to abuse being too extensive. October 2020 got the virus a 2nd time. And now Nov rescued nibbles and doing day 4.

8. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

That is one crazy year. :hug:

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  9. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@MadHouse each and every person here had their fair share of difficulties. Many sad moments but equal amounts of happy times. Each of us are all heros in our own stories

Kass, MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    2020 certainly has taught a lot
    January- went on a trip and visited family
    February- went back to college and began being harrassed, followed and stalked by a group of girls
    March- still being stalked. Had the best grades by midterm and the closest group of friends
    Mid-March- School announced it was closing, meltdown during last midterm. Landed dream job
    April- Moved far from home --started dream job. Bought back a baby from my foundation herd.
    mid-april- Working too much lead to failing classes. Found cameras in the house at my job. Was ignored at my job and anxiety went through the roof
    Late April- Got fired after pointing out the cameras
    May- Moved home. Took an old job back as a daycare teacher. Spent a lot more time with my family. Person who was causing the harassment at school reached out and apologized.
    June + July- All beautiful
    August- Decided to take a semester off. Flew to South Dakota to live on a ranch
    September- Had so much fun in South Dakota
    October- Came home. Bought a horse.
    November- Turned 20. Did not hear from anyone, super disappointed. Working 7 days a week but enjoying my jobs. Jeep broke down.
    Hopefully December stays quiet

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@Goatzrule and you rocked having a birthday and you will rock the rest of 2020. You are a mega star.

13. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    4 major things happened this year for me:
    Lost my dad in February
    Gained 10 lbs. over the summer
    Had to sell my herd of goats in July due to financial issues and their wellbeing
    Just turned 16 today.

Not a happy year whatsoever, the only livestock I have now are 2 sheep and a chicken. I don't even now how long the sheep will last either.

14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@AlabamaGirl I know it may not feel it. But Happy Birthday. Happy health day. When life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand something sweeter. Yes you only got sheep and a chicken left but build up again. Yes money is tight but it wont stay that way forever. 16 is the beginning of a different adventure. The path may not be the one you want, but its a path with possibilities. Be strong and hold your head up high.

15. AlabamaGirl

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Thank you, I'm definitely looking forward to a nicer year.

Tanya, MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  16. AlabamaGirl

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Wow, that sucks. Why in the world did they fire you for that?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@AlabamaGirl i know losing your dad so young is hard. Its hard because us girls need our dads. It gets easier remembering the good days. The loss is painful forever but the love will make it easier.

18. AlabamaGirl

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    It was very hard, we were talking to him the week before and we were all expecting him to be ok. I remember him for the fun times we had, not the sad ones.

19. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    It was a handful of things but once I started poking around at the cameras (Its illegal to record tenants) they (the family) began to get extremely rude when I was working. But what started it was I said some stuff to my mom over the phone that somehow they would know about the next day at work. Finally I took pictures of the what I suspected were cameras and called my older sister who works for the state police, then the next day they fired me saying it just wasnt working out.
    First warning was when I was trying to find the vacuum, looked all over the house couldnt find it anywhere, I was on the phone with my mom while looking, I knew where I had put it. Next day after I got back from the store it was sitting in the corner.

20. AlabamaGirl

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    That's indescribably creepy...