Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathiker, Nov 11, 2020.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences.:hug:

2. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    That whole situation was strange. The house they "gave" me was beautiful but things went downhill fast. It was sort of a relief to leave. Felt weird living in someone else's beautiful house.

Man Jessica, youve really had a rough year.
    Im not even going to pray for a better year next year because for all we could know this could just be the start of a decade.

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Its called Goat Health: a guide for general care and Emergencies.

4. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    So very sorry!!

MadHouse likes this.
  5. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Coincidentally, my dad was the same age. Sorry for your loss:hug:

MadHouse likes this.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@Calistar Yesterday, my dad died. It was a heart attack and no one saw it coming. He was 75. I am 32 but I live at home with my parents, so we are close. I've never experienced the loss of a close family member....
    Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Its going to be difficult in the begining. Very difficult. But you will find that with every tear you weap going forward a good memory comes with it. I still cry for my parents. I miss them incredibly. But the happy memories remind me of the good life they both led. Be strong.

MadHouse and AlabamaGirl like this.
  7. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    You know it was all rough but it could have been so much worse. I am trying to look at it that way then self pity. I am so sorry to you girls for your loss of your dad. When I think it could be worse THAT is exactly what goes threw my mind. I’m with calistar I live on the ranch with my family and am my dads right hand girl. I can’t even think of life without my dad especially so my heart is bleeding for you guys.
    I’m the same I am not going to hope for a better year. I do that every year and it gets worse. So I will make sure my love ones know what they mean to me and deal with whatever comes my way.

MadHouse, Iluvlilly! and AlabamaGirl like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@AndersonRanch I like the way you think. Being grateful to wake up every morning is all we need. They say there areb3 things that are certain. You are born, you pay taxes and you die. And being born successfully and healthy isnt even a guarentee.
    There were many positives for 2020 too. I got to join the TGS family. I am learning daily how to take care of my goats and other animals. I am learning that there are still a few good humans out there. And I have my girls.

9. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

To add. Nibbles my little rescue sparrow is to be added to the casualty.list. he didnt make it into day 7. My dad alwaus said that there was a reason one was thrown out. I am so sad because it is 2.46 am and Chevani is writing exams today and I knuw this is going to bother her.

MadHouse likes this.
  10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Calistar - I am so very, very sorry about your loss. So very heartbreaking to lose a parent, but I will say this, if a loved one passes peacefully, that is the best you can hope for and I mean that in the very best way. I lost my mom in 2006 and she was suffering from lung cancer and congestive heart failure - basically in the end her organs were shutting down and she was in a nursing home. She slipped into a peaceful coma and passed, sadly before I could get to her (3 hour drive), but she was surrounded by family.
    My Dad is getting ready to turn 77 and lives 12 hours away, along with my step mom who is younger but has a ton of health issues. I worry about them every day, it's so tough.

I will say aside from the health issues and losses of loved ones, 2020 hasn't been horrible for us other than regular life routines, events being altered or cancelled.
    I stayed super busy and was back in the real world so to speak in Oct when I was able to cover the horse races at our local track for media purposes, then worked 9 days during the Breeders' Cup world championship races, and attended a world class horse sale a day later. It was a blast, exhausting, but with incredible weather, people, horses - it was fantastic. Because it was closed to the public (but still had a decent crowd there - owners/breeders/trainers/sponsors/etc.), they decided to hold it here again in 2022, so maybe I'll get to cover it again (would be my 4th time).

Now we'll see if we can get the new barn done and ready for the girls that are due in 5 weeks! I have the old barn as a backup, but only have 3 stalls in there, we tore out the rest lol. It'll all work out, but to say I'm not stressed? Understatement. We made changes to our old barn last kidding season in January and my husband finished those last extra stalls while one of the does was in labor lol.

11. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Tanya, sorry you lost the little critter. Losses are so hard, no matter what, or whom! (console)

MadHouse, Tanya and Iluvlilly! like this.
  12. Coko

Coko Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Santa Ysabel ca
    This is so funny makes me want hamsters again! Thanks for the smiles!

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  13. Coko

Coko Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Santa Ysabel ca
    2020 is proving to be one for the history books for sure! I’m very lucky to live outside a city on 2.5 acres. There is always something to do and I love working on my land. The lockdowns and stay at home orders have provided me with an excuse to not leave our little slice of heaven. I never get tired of hanging out with my wonderful goats and silly chickens. My hubby and loving dog Ellie Mae are happy that I spend more time at home too. This year has helped me to slow down, appreciate and thoroughly enjoy my life. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, be safe!! 60A58806-D4D5-4CED-AF5A-8502FF186AD4.jpeg 9C7B710C-94C2-455B-8113-4CA54AC6E573.jpeg 65C66E1D-7B2E-4A6D-911B-7592CA7A9DBF.jpeg 53A92455-95C8-4AD1-94EB-87AC419469CC.jpeg

14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

@Coko o. Oh look at those beauties. Very good to slow down every now n then.
    @Goats Rock its so hard not hearing his calls for food. I am now so used getting up to check on him. We miss him. But I think he had bad genetics

MadHouse, Iluvlilly! and Coko like this.
  15. Kass

Kass Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
    2020 wasn't bad here as far as loss of loves ones, and I thank God for that.
    Mostly is was just the stress of it all that got at us. My parents are both teachers, and the virus kind of messed up their school year. There's 4 kids here going to 4 different schools, so many different schedules clashing together. I am home schooled, but doing half at my house, half at a friends house, and working a part time job. My job is a fast moving, people oriented job, and I am in no way a people person or social at all, so it is very draining. Between work, school, and trying to get the goat pasture and barn up before kidding in the spring, everything is extremely stressful.
    But I am so grateful for the opportunity to work and make money. And that I have not lost any pets or family members. I know you have all gone through so much worse! I admire you all.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

What amazing hair dos! What kind are they?

MadHouse, AlabamaGirl and Iluvlilly! like this.
  18. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    :up: Yes what breed are they? They look awesome!!

MadHouse, AlabamaGirl and Iluvlilly! like this.
  19. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

:bighug:
    @Calistar @AlabamaGirl @AndersonRanch @Tanya @Moers kiko boars and all you other friends, I am touched you are sharing your stories. I too had dark times this year, and I too am grateful for all the blessings in my life. TGS is one of those blessings, so are my goats!
    Best friends May and Coco
    upload_2020-11-26_17-45-17.jpeg
    Newly pregnant Willow (fingers crossed)
    upload_2020-11-26_17-46-35.jpeg
    Studley Sir Jeffrey
    upload_2020-11-26_17-47-52.jpeg

20. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Hopefully next year will be a better year (& thanks for the cute goat pictures, they look so cute a fuzzy!