The Goat Spot Forum banner

101 - 120 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
We finished kidding within a week! First timer, Caramel (2yo) delivered twins, unassisted; veteran mam, Clover, delivered (I helped) twin bucklings weighing 11 and 13 pounds each; Sue-Sue delivered a gorgeous single buckling (10lbs); Mischief delivered twins unassisted; Charm (2yo) delivered her second (her daddy bred her without permission, so she kidded at 1 yo too) set of twins with my help (this was a traumatic birth, but all survived, including me); and Elliott rounded out the week by delivering a whopping 15lb doeling, unassisted.

*Pictures were selected in birth order, but I think they loaded backwards.

Bringing the tally to:
Bucklings 32
Doelings 37

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I should note, that my kids are in 4-H and 6 bucklings was what we needed so they had enough for the fair. God is GREAT! He gave us just what we needed, and threw in some beautiful does too!
Charm's delivery was very fast, and very wrong, but I managed. Her doeling was coming out hind feet first, and the buckling was coming out at the same time. I ended up having to push the girl back inside so I could pull the boy on through. Then the girl slid right out. From the first push to all done, it was maybe 30 minutes. The doeling was very weak for 2 days, but I gave .25cc BoSe upon delivery and another .25cc at 48 hours. I'm happy to say she is perfectly fine now!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Wow, I am so impressed! Between you, the does and all the kids, you all worked hard and efficiently and what a success! :clapping: The kids are very cute!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Congratulations to all of you!:wow:
So happy for you and your kids!:dreams:
:truck: (That’s the truck going to the fair!)

101 - 120 of 262 Posts