The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
Goats, Sheep, Rabbits, Cow, Dogs, Cats, Fish, Quail, Turkeys, Deer and hopefully soon to be ducks
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight me and my dad was on our way home from the lake fishing and hit a BIG doe. She was pregnant.... The impact broke her back legs and hips. She was dieing so we put her out of her misery. My dad wanted to leave her but I just couldn't not do something knowing she had babies inside.... So, we did an emergency C-section with my dad's knife. Obviously we did it right after we put her down. She had twin does. The second doe didn't make it home but the second doe is awesome. Standing, sucking on my finger, etc. Please pray for her. She is a DOLL! Her name is Hope.
Carnivore Comfort Dog Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
Goats, Sheep, Rabbits, Cow, Dogs, Cats, Fish, Quail, Turkeys, Deer and hopefully soon to be ducks
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update; she ate two ozs of goats colostrum! She's so sleepy now Lol. She's been awesome. Walking around, falling down lol, etc.

Another update (8:31am) she's doing great.! Took two more ozs. Walking around on those stills learning how to use them Lol

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good for you saving that baby !
Thanks! When I told my dad we HAD To a C-section he was like, huh? We ain't doing that! I was like but the fawns will die too if we don't..... I told him please let me try to save them! That there was no reason not to try. Mom was already put outta her misery and it was a matter of minutes before babies die too. So, we did the C-section in the ditch off the side of the road......

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you weighed her so you have a start weight to go by? Lucky for her, if her mom was going to get hit, she got hit by a goat person who was willing to help her ❤
Yes, got a weight and she's taking the bottle

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is the most amazing story I have ever heard! You are like the superhero guardian angel of ruminants or something, Lil Boogie. 😍
That's literally the most wonderful thing I've ever been called in my life!🤣

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that’s amazing you could save her. Thank you for doing that.
I hope she continues to do well. She is beautiful.
I'm sorry but when it comes to animals it isn't in my blood to give up or not try to save it, whatever it is. I just couldn't bare the thought of those babies in there literally ready to come out and them just die because we left them.... So, I basically got my dad's knife and started to cut then he took it from me and cut her wide open. I got those babies out and we both had one each cleaning them off and doing moth to mouth as they weren't breathing right. I thank God the one is still alive and doing amazing. The thought of not trying made me sick.. and when we got home and I was able to keep the one alive and rampaging around trying my best to clear her nose and throat my brother was like, " calm down! It's just a deer. So what if there's one less deer in the world...."😐

1 - 20 of 332 Posts