2yr old doe

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by KFOWLER, Mar 18, 2011.

1. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    I have a doe that turned two in Dec. 2010. I have had her with a Buck several times and she has yet to be pregnant. She is a dominant doe and fights alot with the bucks. I just bought a new buck and put him in with her and all she does is fight with him. Has anybody else had this issue...can a doe just not ever conceive? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sorry to have to ask this but...does her private parts look normal?

Is she over weight?

Does she show heat signs?

Added
    She may not know... what the buck is trying to achieve...first timers..don't understand and if you know she is in heat...you may have to tie her up...or hold her... to get the buck to mount ... :wink:

3. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I added more above and seen you already where there ..LOL SO I thought I'd let you know... :wink:

4. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    Yes all her girly part look to be normal...she isn"t overweight. She's a very healthy looking doe...probably one of the best looking as far as looking at her appearance only. I have seen discharge from her and assumed that was her heat cycle. I will try your suggestion and watch for her to go into heat again and tie her for the buck. Because anytime the bucks get close to her she just rares up and head butts with them until they leave. She is my dominant doe...she is just taking it a little too far!!! Unless she just wants to be a bearen old goat...I would just like kids from her because she is such a pretty, graceful girl...but she does have a mean streak!!!

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes try that...I had some first timers ...that ran from the buck... I knew they where in season but..... the buck was scaring them...so I tied her up and he did the deed....after that 1 time....the Doe said OK and naturally allowed him to mount...so I am sure ...your Doe is most likely... doing the same...but in a different method.... with not knowing what "it" is all about...good luck ..hope it works for you and your Doe .... :hug: :pray:

6. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    Thanks for the input!!

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: No Problem.... :hi5: :hug: