The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohhhh my gosssshhh I have never been more angry at my silly babies as I am right now. :mad:
They normally wake up around 6;30am screaming for their bottles which is okay because the sun is just coming up and it's not THAT unreasonable of a time.
But 3:30?!? I am more than angry. And stupid me got out of bed real quick and made their bottles before mum shuffled out and said, "they're up a bit early?"
When I realised what happened I was so so angry that they were awake in the first place, screaming, but I had also made their bottles and wasn't going to waste all of that, so I was essentially rewarding them for being big idiots!!!
For the record I stood out there with my back to them for five minutes without moving no matter how much they complained.

Sorry to vent like that! I just wish I knew it was going to be this bad :hammer:

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it fixes quick because I doubt the neighbours will be very patient with screaming at that hour :(
I highly doubt it. They're in an enclosed backyard and nothing can get near them that they're already around all the time. I'm fairly sure they just decided it was a great time to wake up and be hungry.

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're 8 weeks old now, they chow down their hay (as much as they want) and they get a tree branch every day, they've basically eaten everything in their pen, and they get pellets that they nibble on but aren't particularly interested in.

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, they're just big babies who think they can scream and get their bottles whenever they like. They had a bit of hay and still have grain in their bowl. *shakes fist*

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh gosh I'm at my wits end.

My low point is now sitting on the ground crying at 4am for a good half an hour, and then deciding to lead two very cranky, naughty, hungry baby goats INSIDE to the kitchen so they wouldn't scream everyone awake while I made their bottles (I hope mum doesn't find out). They both decided that right then was a good time to dump out the entire contents of their bowels on the floor :hammer:
So they got their bottles and instantly they are quiet and willing to sleep.

Why can't they be happy with hay and sleep for just a couple more hours? :(((

·
1,524 Posts
Check with your town ordinance or state livestock laws. In my state/town the noise from livestock cannot be grounds for the police to be called. They can be as loud as they want. Good thing, since I have very close neighbors on all 4 sides and loud goats, 3 roosters and 2 Great Pyrenees LGDs!

You're going to just have to let them scream until they realize that they cannot control you! I'm sorry, been there done that wil kids, both 2 and 4 legged!

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My town council is hopeless and the website has no information regarding anything but dogs and cats. And I super highly doubt that there'd be any allowances for things like goats. :(
To be honest, I wouldn't even blame anyone for calling the police or even climbing over the fence and strangling them because they are sooooo infuriating LOL
I wish I could just ignore them but at that time it's impossible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts