The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be my very first dappled goat. I am only planning on buying one. There is no minimum bid on any of them. Doe #3 has been exposed to another dappled buck. They are all registered with the ABGA. I would like a few different opinions on witch doe is the best. Thanks!
1AB3C0BE-741D-4551-8AB9-DA47DF3F182F.jpeg
ED38DFB9-1E2B-4518-9A10-F58DC7813299.jpeg
13E45227-C6D2-4254-97FC-932358D3B625.jpeg
1AB3C0BE-741D-4551-8AB9-DA47DF3F182F.jpeg ED38DFB9-1E2B-4518-9A10-F58DC7813299.jpeg 13E45227-C6D2-4254-97FC-932358D3B625.jpeg

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It’s hard to say. They’re all nice. You would need other angles and videos along with more information such as teat structure, bite, pigment, etc.

The first two look like twins conformationally which makes sense since they are full-sisters.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Also IMO “exposed” means a whole lot of nothing to me. I have purchased, and paid extra, for “exposed” and they never had a kid. So on anything I like that is exposed, I put that word out of my mind and I Will pay what I think is fair for just that animal. It is less frustrating that way. If it was confirmed bred or guaranteed bred that would be a whole other story

·
Super Moderator
83,799 Posts
Exposed:
She was bred.
She was exposed to a buck.
It is a safe way to say, she may be bred or not.

If you say she goes as bred, the seller must abide by that and may come back on you, if she aborts.
They will ask for her to be bred back.

If something happens to make her abort, disease, giving meds to getting hit hard. We as a seller can not predict what may happen after she leaves our place, so it makes us liable for giving the buyer what we sold them. If we say she is bred.

Being exposed does not say you will receive a kid born on he ground.
It means it may or may not happen.
So we must word the sales so we are not stuck. ;)

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yes exposed pretty much means that she was thrown in with a buck. She may have bred, she may not have even been Cycling.
But unless something is stated that a breeder is guaranteeing live kids then no, confirmed bred doesn’t mean that the breeder owes anything if something happens while the new owner has the animal. All confined bred means is that blood was drawn and confirmed that way or by a vet ultrasounding.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I pulled up the does you were looking at. I pulled the # s up.on ABGA. THe first two are on ABGA. The third doe is not. I noticed it said pending
The doe is a year old, wheres the papers? So you cant verify if she is 100% boer or less percentage. I would call the person on her listing and find out more about this before i would bid on her.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Depending on Teat structure I actually like number 2 the best. The first one is ok but there is something I dislike about her hind end. I cannot quite place my finger on it. SHe is nice and thick but not my type. Number 3 is my second choice. The reason I like number 2 best is because while she is a nice thick girl she still looks very feminine. I will say I am not a fan of her mouth though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts