The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry I didn’t post an update today. He has gotten his first two doses of SpectoGard and he seems to be getting a little more spring in his step. Although His poop has still been like clotted cream all day, his appetite is good.

The fecal came back clear, as expected. The vet wanted wanted him to have a broad spectrum antibiotic and prescribed 1ml of exceed every other day for the next three days.

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
Hows your little man today?

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
He’s about the same. I think he gets a little more active each day (in the cooler parts of the day anyway ). He gets his second antibiotic dose today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Found one of this guy in distress this morning. At first thought he had a broken leg or spine. Unable to stand, limbs like noodles, neck stiff but arched back. When we hold him and comfort him, he relaxes for awhile. Then it seems he gets scared or nervous and goes into the stiff neck thing again. He seems to be able to move his legs some, but not hold weight. What is happening please?! He was fine when we left them last night. Also, this is the buckling that started out with milk scours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think he is already near death. He went downhill so fast after we found him. Any ideas what this could’ve been?

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
I'm so sorry. This is the baby who has struggled all along? Its hard to know what killed him. But he has been unthrifty for so long. Im very sorry

Reactions: Cponce

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes. He had the scours for the first few weeks of his life. He was finally starting to make me feel comfortable. He was grazing and eating a bit of grain with his Mom and sister. And His poop was just starting to pebble up. So.,.trying to understand. Could it be that he was still deficient from his troublesome start? He just couldn’t absorb enough nutrients? Maybe causing something like white muscle disease. It just happened so quickly.

I just “hate” this part of being a goat mom. :(

Thank you to everyone that offered wisdom along the way.

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
Yes..this part of being a goat mom stinks. The unknowns are the hardest.
He may have had an undetected birthdefect its just too many variables for us to guess. A necropsy may offer answers. ((Hugs))

Reactions: Cponce
21 - 33 of 33 Posts