The Goat Spot Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
When poop is runny..stop milk and replace milk with a quality electrolyte for 12 to 24 hours and help settle her tummy. You can also give pepto to sooth her tummy and dry her bum. Antibiotics may be messing up her tummy. Give the probiotics 3-4 hours after the Antibiotics given. Might also get her outside a bit if she's not already getting that.

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
How is 104 doing with her adapted baby? Do you know if baby got colostrum from her mom?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I a
You can use robitussin dm for humans. If you have quality essential oils in hand we can go that route. Eucalyptus is great to open up airways. Can use diluted as a rub on her chest and a bit under her nose
I bought Tussin DM for Ages 12+and VetRx for poultry. These staff is used to rub her noses? Later I will get home and apply them to her

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The kid’s condition is going down today. Las night I gave her electrolytes, probiotics, VetRx. This morning her poop is a little better, not so runny. But she is very weak and stumbles . In the morning and afternoon she eating. By the night she didn’t eat. I don’t think she can make it. Since last Friday to today she got 2 antibiotics shots. After each shot she looked better on 1st and 2nd day, then on3rd she going down hill. The treatment seems not working on her well. I can hear she still has phlegm in the throat. I want to know how you guys deal with the newborn baby’s pneumonia . I know it is too late for my Dingdong, the poor baby to switch to another treatment. I want to learn something. These days it is so hard for me to go through the 3 stillborn babies and now watching Dingdong passing by. Before I thought having a hobby farm was a fun. Fun and worries are going together.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The kid's condition is going down today. Las night I gave her electrolytes, probiotics, VetRx. This morning her poop is a little better, not so runny. But she is very weak and stumbles . In the morning and afternoon she eating. By the night she didn't eat. I don't think she can make it. Since last Friday to today she got 2 antibiotics shots. After each shot she looked better on 1st and 2nd day, then on3rd she going down hill. The treatment seems not working on her well. I can hear she still has phlegm in the throat. I want to know how you guys deal with the newborn baby's pneumonia . I know it is too late for my Dingdong, the poor baby to switch to another treatment. I want to learn something. These days it is so hard for me to go through the 3 stillborn babies and now watching Dingdong passing by. Before I thought having a hobby farm was a fun. Fun and worries are going together.
Oh no !! Have faith in her, she can do this and you can too
I'm sorry you have to go through this

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
:hug:I am sorry you have to go through this.
I hope someone on here can give you advice if there was anything else you could do.

·
8,071 Posts
Try massaging her sides, help her to break up that congestion- suck out any mucus with the nasal aspirator. Hold her and keep the circulation in her body by petting etc. So sorry you have to go thru all this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
This morning Dingdong passed by . We tried to save the cute girl. Our efforts are in vain. I am heartbroken . I am appreciated for you guys’ company these days giving me advices and encouragements. I like this community full of love, kindness and wisdom.

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Oh Julia. I'm so very sorry. You did truly try hard. ((Hugs))

61 - 77 of 77 Posts