The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 week old doeling that was one of a set of triplets. I found her nearly dead in the pasture on cold Wyoming night. Got her warmed up and she took off. She is on a bottle of whole cow's milk and her brothers are on mom and doing fine. In the last ten days, one back leg started to stiffen very slightly. At first I thought I was imagining it, it was so subtle. However, in the last 48 hours her back legs have completely collapsed beneath her. Just got up to feed her and since I went to bed her eyes have gotten goopy with discharge.

Her appetite is somewhat decreased, she has received the CD&T vaccine, but did not receive colostrum at birth. She goes outside during the day but comes in at night with another bottle baby. We have ten other kids this spring that are all doing fine.

I need help with this one. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update - doeling not improved

We have gotten her on colostrum and Vit. E. She has energy, is eating better, and her eyes are cleared up. She holds her head up and looks around, but has no strength in her back legs. Other suggestions?? I have no idea what to do for her. Thanks very, very much for any ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts