The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
A bit strange.
But remember the goat spot rules, no political stuff. ;)
Well, I would hardly call this story "political". It's more like an "animal mascot of the year" award. Now, the time I ran my goat for Homecoming King at college, THAT was pretty darn political! My husband was head of his campaign staff and the rallying cry was "Cuzco for King!"
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Working animal

Cuzco won by a landslide, not only for Homecoming King but for Queen as well! Unfortunately, politics being what it is, "the powers that be" overruled the will of the people and tossed out Cuzco's votes. Amazingly, my husband still has Cuzco's ancient Homecoming King website still up! (It's from 2002, folks, and all the links still work!)
From The Mists of Time:
http://www.imitationpickles.org/campaign/

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Well, I would hardly call this story "political". It's more like an "animal mascot of the year" award. Now, the time I ran my goat for Homecoming King at college, THAT was pretty darn political! My husband was head of his campaign staff and the rallying cry was "Cuzco for King!"
View attachment 149403

Cuzco won by a landslide, not only for Homecoming King but for Queen as well! Unfortunately, politics being what it is, "the powers that be" overruled the will of the people and tossed out Cuzco's votes. Amazingly, my husband still has Cuzco's ancient Homecoming King website still up! (It's from 2002, folks, and all the links still work!)
From The Mists of Time:
http://www.imitationpickles.org/campaign/
:funnytech:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks like this story just hit the Associated Press and the Canadian Press today (March 14). I was going to post it here, but good thing I searched first and as I suspected, someone had already posted it. [and I'm not the one in trouble for posting a vaguely political item. :) ]

Other goats in elections......
There is a beer drinking goat mayoral dynasty in Lajitas, Texas.
In 1922, a billy-goat was elected city councilor of Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil.
New Zealand's McGillicuddy Serious Party successfully entered a goat in a local Waiheke Island election.
Billy Gumboot the Goat (1999-2001) won presidential election in Whangamomona (a small township in New Zealand) by a landslide. Some residents speculate he ate the other challengers' ballots in order to win.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts