4 1/2 months PG Yearling Limping Ideas? *video*

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Anna, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Ok, Glitz has me stumped! This morning I had to feed really early so I just thought she was sleepy like a few of the others were this morning when she didn't dash to the feed this morning. Well this afternon I found her grazing on her front knees, I've had pg does do that before, but when I went to get her up she was limping! Checked her hoof it's fine, I trimmed them a little over a month ago, no swelling, no scrapes, it doesn't even really seem to hurt for me to touch it and move it around she just can't put any weight on it. To me it seems like it's in the knee cap, but I'm really not sure of anything. I am thinking about trying to splint it tommorow if it's not any better. Any ideas?

Here's a video... the hay is just stuck on from her being in the damp grass.
    [​IMG]

I'm a little worried with her being so close to kidding! :(

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    It looks like she sprained it somehow, which that can happen by getting it caught in the feeder accidently or stepping in a hole. Do you know if you can get the homeopathic remedy Arnica? If you have a health food store near you can get it from there. I would also recommend a joint support supplement that has chrondoiton(sp?) in it, in case its to injured. Just make sure she keeps walking on it, don't let her stay on her knees to long.

Did you palpate the leg and shoulder? Which areas hurt her the most?