4 bred, nervous as heck

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by dobe627, Nov 14, 2008.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Ok so after owning goats for years I finally decided to try to breed. And now that I have 4 does bred I am sooooo nervous. Maddie is a little over 2 months and according to my calculations will be due Feb 3rd( I am hoping she goes on the 2nd since I grew up in Punxsutawney) The little sleeze ran through 2 fences and right to the boys. And I saw both of them mount her before I could get around to the gate. So I don't know who got her, but she has not come back into heat. More strands of electric were added and no more problems. The rest won't be due until march/april. I have been reading all the past threads. Is it normal to be this nervous?? I just want everything to go well. :GAAH:
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    totaly normal!!!

Congratulations on the upcoming kiddings :greengrin:

Always feel free to ask questions.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is normal .............oh how exciting for you.. :leap: ..congrats.....I know you are worrying now ...but take a deep breath and cherish this moment as your does grow your beautiful kids... :) :shades: ..when it gets closer to the time to kid ..........you will be anticipating the moment and thinking....wow she should pop by now or hurry and pop I want to see my babies........In other threads you probably have noticed that... they are so nerve racked ...these are some of the pro's...LOL.....we all worry ...it seems like we are always first time moms......It is a yearly worry... :worried: .so don't worry it's normal...LOL.. :) ... when you see that first kid being born and on the ground ...it is a beautiful thing...If you have any questions or need help just ask...... :hug:
  4. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I have been breeding for six years now and still get as nervous as if it was my very first kidding. So yeah it is normal! Best of luck on those upcoming kiddings... you are going to love it! Best time of the year for me as I look forward to it all year long! :dance: Nothing like new babies to love up!!! :grouphug:
  5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh yes, it's perfectly normal! Go to the http://www.fiascofarm.com website and check out the birthing videos. Very helpful and informative!
  6. Candy

Candy New Member

Welcome to the "nervous Nelly'' goat Mom club. Most of us are blabbering in a corner by the time our does decide to kid. :hair:
    Candy :sun:
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Absolutely "normal" to us GOATNUTS!! I've had babies born for the last 6 years and the stress and nervousness STARTS at breeding! I still get very nervous with each doe...and am pulling my hair out by the time they arrive...I got kids due 3/13-3/20!