4 does due soon! tinkerbelle, daisy, chloe & myrtle kidded!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by minibarn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i can hardly wait! i have 4 pygmy does due in the next few weeks. they were all bred here to my cream/black pygmy buck. some had 5-day heats or heat signs a week or 2 after breeding so i'm not exactly positive on all their due dates. the earliest due date day 150, is jan 27 for the grey agouti and the black agouti. or they could be a week or 2 later along with my other 2 does. they're both light caramels. i had a terrible time getting pics this am and then camera batt died so i got none of the 1 doe. with all the bad experiences i've been hearing about i'm praying for safe healthy babies & moms! :pray: and for lots of :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: !

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: 4 does due soon!

Here's to :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: and happy and healthy kidding.... :hug: :pray:

3. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Re: 4 does due soon! day 142

i've moved daisy into a separate pen now along with her buddy. she's gotten really uncomfortable and moves very slowly. her sides are sunken and her back looks ridged at the hips. ligs are very soft. she had a little yellow discharge 2 days ago. i also have the twins myrtle & tinkerbelle in their own pen now. they're very hard to catch so i haven't tried feeling their ligs but they should be due in the next 2 weeks too. i haven't had winter babies before so i'm really nervous about them kidding in cold weather. it's way below freezing and only getting colder in the next week! i check the barn regularly and have a baby monitor on. how quickly would a baby die from cold if it has a good mom? i'm gonna try hard to be there but i worry a little.

Attached Files:

4. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Re: 4 does due soon! day 148

no babies yet. today is day 148 for daisy & myrtle unless they weren't bred till their 5-day heat. chloe & tinkerbelle are on day 141. they're udders are all quite equal in size although daisy's & chloe's do seem fuller. i'm expecting one of them will go first. last time daisy kidded triplets day 149, chloe kidded twins early morning day 144, and the other 2 singles on day 151. here's some updated belly pics. how many do you think for each?

Attached Files:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Cute face... in the last photo... :love: .....I do see those baby bumps... :thumbup: can't wait to see the actual kids..... :wink: :greengrin:

6. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

still nothing new! :GAAH: today was supposed to be day 150 for 2 does but i'm beginning to think they didn't settle till after their 5-day heat. i was really hoping for babies this week but may have to wait till next week then! their udders are filling slowly and ligs are soft. i sniffed polls but they all smell the same as my non-preggy doe. hoping for kiddies soon!!! :love:

7. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Maybe the no change in poll smell means ALL DOES! lol. Hang in there. The things our girls put us through....

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Pretty does! They all look to be having singles or twins! :greengrin: That head shot of Tinkerbelle looks IDENTICAL to a doe of mine that I bred! They look like the same goat!

Good luck! Hope everything goes ok! :thumb: :shades: :wink:

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

They are all very pretty indeed! I can't wait to see what they have! I hear ya on the waiting game, my first doe to kid this year went 4 or 5 days over her due date!

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope they don't make you wait too long!

Tinkerbelle looks like my Heidi...lol

11. Re: 4 does due soon! day 148

awwwe cute girls! Will be watching to see what they give you!

12. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

this afternoon tinkerbelle had a sweet baby boy! :kidblue: she was so quiet about it, i didn't catch on she was in labor until an hour before she kidded. he came quite quickly & easily too. he seems to have 1 floppy ear instead of upright like the other. do you think it will be held up eventually or will it always just hang?

Attached Files:

13. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: 4 does due soon! tinkerbelle kidded!

VERY CUTE!!!

The ear should go up, thats just the way it was inside! They always erect!

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Awww...what a sweetie! Congrats!! And yep...Laura is right...the ear will go up. ;)

15. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Oh, congratulations on your handsome little guy!

16. Re: 4 does due soon! tinkerbelle kidded!

Awwwwe look at that face! :love: Congrats on your little :kidblue:

17. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Awww he's so cute!!! Congrats!!!!!!

18. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

thank-you all! mamma & baby are doing fine. they have a heat lamp so i hope he's warm enough. i think his ear is beginning to lift a little.
    the other 3 does are getting close too. i'm just hoping they don't all go at once! i only have 2 pens with heat lamps and hoped to give each doe a day or two alone with her kid/s. and now we have a major snow storm on the way! just great!

19. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

:thumb: daisy is in labor! started last evening, i went to bed before midnight to get a few winks, went out at 4 this am and i think she won't wait much longer. she had to pick the nastiest night of the winter too! we're in the middle of ontario blizzard!

20. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Congrats :leap: , I hear ya Im hoping none of Mine go til the end of the week, but I think everyones going to go soon and at once...God help us all we must be nuts to be having kids right now...LOL!!!