The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little nubian buckling has a nasty snotty nose. i talked to several breeders and one says oh i wipe thier noses every day and thats it and another said it can lead to phenmonia and to give la-200 every other day up to three dosages. Well i gave him one dose and the next day very little snot then the next dose there was no shot so i didnt give him the third dose. A couple weeks went by and now he has another snotty nose! its wet in the morning and by the evening its dried onto his nose, even after wiping in the morning. He is eating and drinking fine and pooping and peeing fine and the boer buckling he is with has shown no signs of a snotty nose. The weather here has been crazy, being 85 one day then rainy and 50 the next and really windy. He has warm shelter to get out of the weather and everything but i am not liking the snotty nose. any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
does he have a temp? if so put him back on the la 200 for the full 3 days. although our vet gives them braxen. if not he may have allergies, it's that time of year. give him a benadryl.

·
624 Posts
If he doesn't have a temp then I would say it's allergies. Some of mine do that in the spring and it clears up as the pollen gets better. I don't give antibiotics unless absolutely necessary so if it were me I wouldn't give it to him as a preventative. All it's going to do is weaken his immune system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts