The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 month old buckling with the runs since yesterday no temp acting fine eating drinking can't get a hold of vet I went to TSC to get sulmet to treat for cossidia but could only get corrid should I wait or treat him and how much do I give him he is about 25 to 30 lbs

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
With any loose pudding type to watery runs I give C D Antitoxin ...What color is the poop? if its greenish its dietary, if its black it can be Cocci and it will have a smell...a fecal will determine if cocci..
For dietary runs..pepto helps dry them up, Probios to help restore flora, pull grain and feed hay only until dry
Cocci obviously needs treatment...Corid is a thiamine inhibator and can cause Goat Polio...but if your buck is sick with cocci and its all you can find...follow very carefully the directions and follow up with Fortified B complex after each dose to help prevent polio...watch him carful for signsof polio..if he has signs he will need straight Thiamine which is RX. here is a article to help you know what sogns to look for
http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/listeriosis.html

·
Super Moderator
58,871 Posts
Actually, you would want to do the B Complex after treatment since that is how Corid works. Most of the time, you don't even have to give B Complex. Just keep a close eye on him if you do use the corid.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can give him Dolamite and seaweed meal mixed together about 1tblspoon,make sure he is well hydrated,teejae

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His poo was dark brown and fowl smelling and pure liquid so I opted to treat with corrid he seemed to be getting dehydrated so along with corrid I gave him gatorade which he loved and drank a ton of I was pleased with that and next day he had a ton of energy and acted more him self I gave him a vitamin B shot yesterday and his poo was starting to thicken up finally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts