4 new Nigerian Dwarf goats!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Emrcornerranch, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    We brought our goats home today. Two three year old sisters are named Shamrock (looks painted) and Treasure (orange and white). Blizzard (black and white) doeling will be 13 weeks old tomorrow. April May (tan, black, brown) is 12 weeks old and looks like a deer. Our two bucklings are very interested. Leprechaun is acting awfully buck-like, and I believe he’s an early bloomer. He’s 15 weeks.

2. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Very nice colours! Where are the doelings’ pictures?! We want to see April May and Blizzard!

Rlarsen and Canadian Goat Mom like this.
  5. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    A0DB023A-557A-4274-992A-74F711AFCC8B.jpeg 6D464358-5945-4AAB-A85B-327C6B071EE4.jpeg A0DB023A-557A-4274-992A-74F711AFCC8B.jpeg 149799BB-FA73-4406-BB8E-6593F74FCC48.jpeg 5E4A1D86-0F18-4DB3-995A-EE082D70A2CD.jpeg 6D464358-5945-4AAB-A85B-327C6B071EE4.jpeg Baby girls. Had trouble uploading. I don’t know if we’ll call the one April or Bambi. Maybe Bambi as a nickname? 6D464358-5945-4AAB-A85B-327C6B071EE4.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    That posted weird didn’t it? I think my phone is struggling to post so many pictures.

7. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    We thought Shamrock was going to be incredible shy, but I’ve been able to get her and Treasure to eat out of my hand and let me touch them. She even let me pet down her back just a bit ago. She looks at me very curiously. Wonder if she might blossom into a friendly goat here now that she is part of a small herd. Also...Treasure has started coughing occasionally...her breeder gave her an antibiotic, cdt vaccine, and dewormer because she was worried about stress from moving affecting health. Fingers crossed it’s gone tomorrow. So far, we have terramycin, sulfadimethoxine, and Corid on hands as medications in our first aid kit so far. Slowly buying more things.

Rlarsen likes this.
  8. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Since the breeder already gave the antibiotic you should finish the round of it. ;/. Same med and dose as breeder gave. Lovely lil herd! Your bucklings are separated from the girls yes?

Rlarsen, MadHouse and Emrcornerranch like this.
  9. KentuckyBeth

KentuckyBeth New Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Kentucky
    Oh that's perfect! Blizzard looks IDENTICAL to one of our doelings. We named her McFlurry Great minds think alike.

Attached Files:

10. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    They share a fence line with the two adults until we build the boys a pen farther away. Hopefully we will have that done soon.

Rlarsen, MadHouse and Sfgwife like this.
  11. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    Haha! Maybe we’re not as original as we think. Yeah, that’s also why the pen she’s in got the igloo shelter! I saw her at the breeder’s and knew what I’d name her immediately.

Rlarsen and MadHouse like this.
  12. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    KentuckyBeth BADEDA5B-4307-40CB-AB94-B3CE606227B4.jpeg The goat in your picture looks a bit like our buckling Cowboy, too. At least his face does.

13. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Raw whole garlic cloves are great to strengthen the immune system and help with coughs. You can also do freshly squeezed garlic in a treat.

Rlarsen and Emrcornerranch like this.
  14. KentuckyBeth

KentuckyBeth New Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Kentucky
    YES those blue eyes and frosted ears . That's my boy, Jorge. My first day working at the farm, he had me wrapped around his hoof.

15. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    A
    Aw.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. Emrcornerranch

Emrcornerranch Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Lincoln County, MO
    Thanks! I was all prepared in my head for Shamrock to be near wild based on how she was at the breeder and how they talked about her...but I am proud to say they are all eating out of my hand, coming up to me, and letting me pet them. The adults really like getting brushed. Shamrock is actually more friendly than her sister. I think without a giant herd, they are looking to people for more attention. I’m falling more in love with her every hour. I have a feeling she’s going to be my buddy.

Rlarsen, toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  18. Lisagoatcrazy

Lisagoatcrazy New Member

Jul 6, 2020
    USA, indiana
    They are adorable!

19. Witham Family Farm

Witham Family Farm New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    New Hampshire
    They are sooooo cute I love them!