4 or 5 day kidding marathon

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by nancy d, Feb 19, 2009.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    If you ask my name I couldnt tell you but 6 does kidded over the last few?days...mostly uneventful thank God!
    the Nubian quaded out again...3 simple unassisted breech (AAKK) andwe had to pull a dead 10lb buckling. All were full term. So I ask why...no changes of anything around here.
    OneFF Boer had quads it took her a few days to get used to her new brood.
    Last yr Mys Lela was standing at the hay rack one minute & down to busines the next, no warning whatsover other than being bagged up for almost a month prior.
    This yr same thing, I happened to look out and there she was delivering a big beautiful doeling. She looks like a little bulldog.
    Right now we are looking at I think 14 kids bring your money & a trailer come May!! Most of this crop has to go we are plumb out of space!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry you lost the 10lb kid.. :( wow that was good size....was the umbilical cord broke up close?

sounds like you've been real busy.14 kids :shocked:
    I know the feeling of being out of space... it doesn't take long at all.... :wink:

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Im not sure, I'll have to ask dh for sure but the guys head was flopped back.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the kiddings!