The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auction was for unregistered bucklings to use as a wether sires. All of them are March and April kids. High buckling was $40K:eek::eek: There were 6 other lots of bucklings the lowest sold for $7500. The next highest was $18k.

Lot 1
"This is possibly the most unique individual animal that we have ever raised. He is one that screams look at me. 3433 is almost flawless in his front end, blown apart and tucked up in his chest with a great rib shape, and his neck coming right out of the top of those shoulders. He is big backed, big butted, and extremely good hided. This little guy has an unbelievable top line, and travels wide and square on all four corners. He is not going to be a great big buck, but is definitely gonna be a powerhouse. You can find holes in any animal but this is one that will challenge you. You really need to see him person to truly appreciate how well put together he is. Just as an added bonus, this fellow's pedigree is like a who's who in the wether industry. Sired by Fowler 2009 ....(Bean 612 genetics... over Powersource ...Bean 612 sired by 900) crossed with a double bred 191 doe. The double bred 191 doe has two shots of S100. If this little guy sires wethers that looks and handles like he does... the traffic is going to get pretty congested around the new owner's place."

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
$40K!!!!! Omggeeeeeee!!! That's crazy! He sure is nice that's for sure!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Wow that's a lot for a wether sire! He's pretty nice looking, but is something wrong with his mouth/face? It just looks funny to me, more like a sheep mouth than a goat...

·
Banned
988 Posts
I would be a nervous wreck if I paid that much for a goat. He would be in a padded room with me sleeping with him so some freak thing didnt happen an I lost him. I know they prolly have ins. on him but still.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He would certainly be insured if I bought him. I would take that buckling home inside the truck, with his seat belt on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Am I crazy? Cause I actually don't like him, haha. I don't like the new tubular look...he looks too much like a hog for my liking...but otherwise he is super correct. Then again...I don't like the way the lean hogs look vs. the old bacon style hogs...guess I'm just old fashioned. :)
Not that he isn't pretty in his own way, *ahem* handsome.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He has a lot of neck on him. I have some does with that long neck. It looks really good on does and wethers. I think his mouth is fine. It looks like he has some Ibex in him and that mouth remindes me of other boer/ibex crosses.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
@curious that's what they want in wether's and he is a whether sire.

I love how thick he is!!!
Now what exactly is a wether sire? I know what each are, but why not sire bucks and does too? Like I'm a little confused? Lol
Sorry, I know it's a stupid question:/

But I agree with curious. He looks funny. A bit like a dog actually:p I just don't like his short mess in the barrel. I don't know how to explain it. Lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
@curious that's what they want in wether's and he is a whether sire.

I love how thick he is!!!
I hope I wasn't being offensive...apart from me not liking his general looks he is the closest to perfection I've ever seen. Very wide and long...if that's what they look for than I am just a dummy when it comes to meat haha.

Now what exactly is a wether sire? I know what each are, but why not sire bucks and does too? Like I'm a little confused? Lol
Sorry, I know it's a stupid question:/

But I agree with curious. He looks funny. A bit like a dog actually:p I just don't like his short mess in the barrel. I don't know how to explain it. Lol
emilieanne don't feel stupid alone we're in the same boat!

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
btw, he is an April 24th kid and the seller reserved the first 50 straws from him for his private use, not for sale. I would have to convert my extra bedroom for him to stay in.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts