The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe has been going through a lot of weigh issues, bad weight issues, where she couldn't keep weight at all (she'd get sick all the time!) But we have gotten a hold of the problem and she has started gaining weight, but I KNOW she can't gain at LEAST 20 inches in her belly in only 3 or 4 days! AT MOST a WEEK! Not even a week ago did her ribs finally stop showing, and we finally got her to quit being sick about 4 or 5 weeks ago. And now her waist is 45 inches round, pushed in slightly because all I had it a tape measure.

She was with her buckling until he was 4 or 5 months old, and he was able to breed since he was about 2 months. Her doeling isn't pregnant (thankfully) so she isn't my issue. I just need to know if my doe is pregnant so I can be there with her (I really just wanna see it, never have) because I know, or should know, her signs from last time on the day she kidded. She is a Nubian doe, I believe she is 5 or 6 years old (at least 5). Her belly is so big I cannot easily put my hands around it without squishing it some. She isn't bloated, because she is acting totally normal; eating, drinking, pooping normal, crazy.

If anyone needs pictures of anything, tell me, but they will be in the dark with a flash on a camera, so they may not be the total best quality.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She's been eating Beet Pulp (when soaked it is about a 1/3 of a quart) and about 2/3 of a quart of Regular Dumor goat pellets twice a day. I haven't been keeping up with her beet pulp lately, so she hasn't gotten a whole lot of it. Actually I couldn't even feed her last weekend because my mom had forgotten to get goat feed and we couldn't get it that weekend, so she hasn't been gaining weight do to feed. But she has been eating a lot of hay, but only about a flat every 3 days or so. She has free grazing grass too, and we only have her and her doeling.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you need it to be light out I'll have to get them tomorrow after school (after 3:30 ish, probably after 4 since I have to ride the bus) but I can definately get them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always had it. Like I said she is 4 or 5 year old and she has had at least 2 kiddings before. Her doeling still nurses off her sometimes, and she is still in milk.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Her doeling is mostly weaned, she eats feed on her own. Some days she won't nurse at all and leaves a little over a pint to me, and some days she nurses her dry. But Bambi (the adult doe) does still make a full udder of milk daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts