4H 2021 Dairy goat project.

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by mmahamilton, Sep 17, 2020.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  2. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    You will not be able to register her through ADGA. I don't know about the mini registery.

3. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    I was afraid of that...I printed off some info abt the Nigerian dwarf registry but I haven't had time to read through it yet. Oh well, this is how my luck usually goes but I can't do anything until I get paperwork from the lady i got her from. when I leave messages all I hear is crickets.

4. Calistar

Calistar Well-Known Member

Don't ADGA and AGS honor each other's registries? I know I bought an AGS goat and got her dual registered through ADGA. I think ADGA to AGS is even more lax. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I got one of my ADGA goats registered with AGS too when I was a member of both registries. The seller (assuming she owns both parents) may have to get one registered with the other registry so they're both the same, then register your doeling with that same registry. It's roundabout but it should work. But the fact that both parents are currently from different registries shouldn't disqualify her as long as ADGA and AGS are the registries involved. They don't honor the mini registry though.

GoofyGoat likes this.
  5. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    The seller does own both parents but I cannot get her to respond to any of my inquires. I'm also pretty sure she is not a member of the ADGA now.(I don't know if that makes a difference)

I was just reading info on the ADGA and it does sound like they have became more lax but, I may have to just register her as Native on Appearance. This really stinks because I know she comes from good lines.(I know the person that sold the seller her foundation does...got to love small towns!)

6. Calistar

Calistar Well-Known Member

Oh no, if the seller won't respond that does complicate things! She doesn't need to be an active ADGA member but you would need copies of both parents' papers and she would likely need to be willing to register one parent with the other registry. Unfortunately ND can't be registered as native on appearance so you can't go that route :(

7. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    Yes you can. You have to send the original AGS registration papers of the dam with the application to register the kid. Tell the dam's owner it would be easier if she would just go ahead and register the dam with ADGA. They will automatically accept an AGS or CGS registered animal.

8. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    They don't do NOA on Nigerian Dwarfs.

9. mmahamilton

mmahamilton Member

Jun 25, 2020
    indiana
    This really stinks! At this point I’m just frustrated to no end! It’s not like I’m asking the seller to pay for any of the registration fees. Dang i would even help her get the dam registered it that’s what I need to do to register lulu.