The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 brand new to me 5 month old wethers.
Just got them today. They are screaming for their Maaahhh.
What should I do?
I have them hay, water, shelter.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
It will take a good 1-3 weeks at least for them to calm down. They were most likely still nursing at their old home, so they are also wanting milk. (Which they don't need at 5 months) So just give them some time to settle in, and they'll calm down.

Can we see pics of the little guys? :D

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Oh how cute! :)

I am sure you will enjoy them.

Also....

:welcome: to TGS!! :D

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Yeah, it is sad :( It seems that the boys are worse with it than the girls, too! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been lurking here for awhile soaking up knowledge before I got the goats. I thank everyone here for both their questions and answers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Stay strong...they'll stop eventually. When I got my 3 month old bottle fed baby, he was so loud I thought the whole neighborhood will complain. Luckily, he stopped screaming after 3 days but he would still bleat whenever he sees me for another 3 weeks or so. Now he is nice and quiet...a very pleasant boy. :) Nubians may be even louder but hang in there.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
hehe if you can get a video, post it on you tube and post a link here... I think everyone would enjoy to hear the songs of 5 weaned nubian wethers :)
Got my ear plugs in arms reach! :laugh: :p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Don't give in and go hang out with them to comfort them when they are yelling. It will just teach them that yelling is the way to get your attention and take longer for them to stop.

They have each other for comfort, and will settle down within a few days. They are safe, have their needs met, and have each other. They will be fine. Just stay strong. Try to give them attention when they have quieted down, if that ever happens, lol.

I just sent a mini Nubian wether off to his new home yesterday and one of his new owners posted on his facebook wall "and I thought calves hollered loud when they left their mamas, they got nothin' on baby goats!!" haha!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts