The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This young buck is out of our 100% S.A. Boer doe and our ADGA Purebred Nubian Buck. Our doe is registered with the USBGA since we applied for her IBGA papers around the time that they were closing (they never processed her papers and the ABGA was still in waiting on a registration ruling).

This little guy is already showing great signs of being a herd sire. He has perfect teat structure and his sire has produced numerous herd sires servicing the east coast area. Has a great personality, easy to handle and disbudded.

I have included 2 pictures from yesterday. This was the first time I was working with him for standing for pictures and with a collar so the pictures do not do him justice. He is white with a light tan head with a white blaze. He also has a tan circle at the base of his tail, some on his legs and a spot on his lower neck area.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
He is gorgeous I think.
I am curious though. You say he is showing great signs of being a herd sire. What would you breed him to? Boers or Nubians or? With what as a goal? Are you looking for Milkers than can also be used for meat? I think that is a pretty cool goal but just wondering what your plans are. (I feel silly now I see this is in the sale section, but I am still curious what he would be used for by a potential buyer)
ETA you are the one with that gorgeous saddle bred stallion and all those Nubians. I wish you weren't in east Tennessee, I wish you were on the western side I would go visit your farm and look at all your gorgeous animals!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is gorgeous I think.
I am curious though. You say he is showing great signs of being a herd sire. What would you breed him to? Boers or Nubians or? With what as a goal? Are you looking for Milkers than can also be used for meat? I think that is a pretty cool goal but just wondering what your plans are. (I feel silly now I see this is in the sale section, but I am still curious what he would be used for by a potential buyer)
ETA you are the one with that gorgeous saddle bred stallion and all those Nubians. I wish you weren't in east Tennessee, I wish you were on the western side I would go visit your farm and look at all your gorgeous animals!
Basically you could breed him to either Nubians or Boers in my opinion and get some lovely crosses. His mother is the first and only boer in our herd, as we have all purebred Nubians. We had decided to add a little meat into our herd to offer a meat/milk option. We also thought that the boer/nubain cross would make a lovely 4H show goat.

On a side note his mother (100% SA Boer) is a very good milker that trained herself to the milk stand because she thinks she is a Nubian too! We raised her as a bottle baby with our Nubians and she thinks she is a milker

Awww thank you. We are actually the farm with the Saddlebred Stallion in East Tennessee. I think he is gorgeous but then again he is my baby :)

If you end up out in the East TN area feel free to contact us.

Best wishes!

HoukFarms: You're Welcome ;)

Update: If anyone is interested in this little guy down south let us know as we are transporting a buckling down to Atlanta next weekend and could make it a double transport to help reduce travel time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts