5KC Springs Chasin the Stars. (my new buck!)

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Crissa, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I finally got my buck! I love him! (even though he cries whenever he sees someone) I think he looks pretty darn good myself! At least for my first buck (other than Orion). :wink: Please tell me honestly what you think of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should I enter him in the online goat show?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Congrats! I think he looks nice, but I'm no expert. :thumb: :drool:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's a nice looking guy :) I would enter him regardless, its always nice to see what everybody else has to say about your animals :)

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I'm pretty impressed with him. He's much noisier than my girls though. :roll: Poor little guy is so confused. I'm hoping he'll throw a black doe eventually for me. :greengrin: I'll enter him in the Online goat show. :)

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Like Sarah, I think you should enter him.

Can we see pics of his sire and dam?

He is an okay buck. There are a lot of things I'd like to see improved on him. I'd like to see him more upstanding in the front end, smoother in the shoulders, longer in the body, more level across the rump, and longer in the cannon bones. JMHO

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
  8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Crissa, he is a handsome boy!! You definately should enter him , at least to get an idea of who can add strength to any weakness' he has.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I agree with dover farms, though if you're just using him to freshen your does then he will do. as long as he is clean. and froma clean herd. I would like to see less control over his ears a more roman nose smoother shoulders. More length and depth of body a wider deeper brisket and straighter front legs. He has an alrigh topline and is wdge shaped. he has nice width between the hocks and is cut nicely into the excutchen, but he is a bit steep rumped and posty. Of course he is yung and things will cchange as he matures.
    beth

10. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    ok this might be a silly question, but I dont show goats and I am very curious what is online goat show and how does it work?

I think he is very handsome too!

11. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
  12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    http://goatshows.freeforums.org is the website, you take pics of your goats, side, back and front, then we have a panel of judges that will judge your goats against the other goats in that class. Like a real show, only virtual :)

13. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire

Thank you so much I will check it out