The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 6 day old female that seems to suddenly have diarrhea. I didn't notice earlier today. Is this normal? Thanks

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
no not normal...what color is it? is she bottle fed or dam raised? is she active still or lethargic?

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
We have a 6 day old female that seems to suddenly have diarrhea. I didn't notice earlier today. Is this normal? Thanks
If the diarrhea is a yellow color, it's probably milk scours and that can be normal if his mother is a high milker. Otherwise, no, it isn't normal and something is wrong.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's runny and a yellowish color no bottles just drinking from mom. I have her a tiny spoon of Pepto-Bismol not even 1/4 tsp

·
Registered
30,547 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
could be milk scours...is mom producing quite a bit?? How runny is it? like pudding or water?? here is a bit of info on baby runs..
http://goat-link.com/content/view/46/75/#.UfH5PmSDTL8

if its a mild case just keep a very close eye..tummy should adjust..
I was just reading that, she looks like the pic at 3
Days old. She seems to really act
Ok and she is still drinking from mom
Should I give her anything else?

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
if its just pasty like the pic,and as long as she is acting normal other wise.....I would see how she is doing tomorrow,I would go a head and give a pinch of baking soda in about 2 cc of water and drench if it turns runnier then I would give CD Antitoxin and pull her off mom for 12-24 hours and give her electrolytes....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does seem to be getting better. It's still very yellow but much thicker mire human like no pebbles. Is this normal?

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
you wont see berries for a few weeks...some take longer : ) so sounds like hes doing better...good job :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts