The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew it would have to happen.:mecry: I have too many goats and have to sell this year's babies...

Fancy (waddles) and Rosie Posie were born January 24, 2013 and are fine young goats now. Their dam is a wonderful mother, lots of milk, very hardy, and smart as can be so I believe they will be to. Both are gentle pets and love a good scratch. They were HUGE when born and have a nice size to them now. They are not registered. We live in NW Arkansas.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I may be interested. I am new to goats, so I don't know a lot of the technicalities. You mentioned that they are not registered. Can they never be?

And how much are you wanting to get for them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are just grade goats, but friendly and hardy. To register an animal is to tell the board of the registry that you own an animal that you would like them to keep track of. It is a legal process that consists of filing the proper paperwork. http://usbga.org/content/index.php/registrations

I see you are pretty far away from me...the shipping may be prohibitive! The local going rate is $150 each.

The kind of goat you get really depends on what you want to do with them. When you do get goats, what are your plans? Breed them for meat? Show them? Keep them as pets? Milk them? Brush them for their hair? Run a landscape business that keeps people's vines and bushes trimmed? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm slightly embarrassed because I read Arkansas, and was thinking Alabama.... :eek: I was looking farther out because I wasn't seeing what I wanted for sale locally at first. Apparently patience isn't my strong point, but I think I may have found something locally.

As far as my purpose for the goats... My main purpose is for meat, but I want registered goats so that I can also bring a little more money if/when I decide to sell kids. I don't have any plans of doing shows at this point as I'm more of a "prepper" and am just filling out my farm. I do have a tendency to really get into things that interest me, so I don't want to say I'll NEVER get into shows. That's about it.

Thank you for your information. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts