6 New Kittens! Need Names

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, I walked down to the barn and there was fatso rissy on the hay with 6 brand new babies. =). one of them is a grey calico with a light orange traigular marking going across it's face to theback of the right ear. I am sure one eye will be different color. named her eery. two are light orange, 2 calico, and then the rest were dark grey I think. We lose cats here quite easily, we have a gigantic great horned owl around our place . . . he got my house cat . . . so I'm praying someone will shoot him soon.

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Owls can be annoying...we have tons of them here, as we basically live in the woods, and lost quite a few chickens before we figured it out....they can fit through very small spaces. Although I was upset about the chickens, I actually like owls...I think they're pretty amazing creatures.

As for kittie names...

The orange ones can be: Creamsicle and Sherbet

Calicos: Cherio and Reesie

Tigers: Soda and Pringle

AS you can clearly tell by my food theme...I am on my way to the kitchen. Sometimes hunger is the best inspiration...

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I like Cherio and Sherbet . . . . 3 more to go . . .

4. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Hmmm ... well, our 4 1/2 yr old daughter usually takes the privelage of naming our new kittens ... So they usually end up with names like ... Princess, Pretty, Beautiful, Hearts, LOL !

But some of my name ideas would be :
    Boots
    Pebbles
    Skittles
    Cupcake
    Patch
    Rascal

guess that's all for now ... I can sit here and come up with names forever, but I think that list is good for now ;)

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Boots and Patch! Keep going!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Famous cats

Sylvester

morris

Felix

Tigger

Halle Berry(cat women)

Garfield

Socks

Tom (tom and jerry)

Puss'N'Boots

Pepper

Orangey

cheshire

7. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    My girls named our two Mathew and Maconehey.

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    For the Gray ones- Smokey, Misty, and Velvet, and I used to have a Calico cat that I named Muffin :greengrin:

9. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Three of them died . . . for more info . . . go to the Help! Emergency . . . . . the survivors are 1 boy 2 girls . . . 1 pure white boy and 1 grey and one calico . . . the white one is what they call a Siamese Yellow Mask I think . . .the mom is 1/4 siamese and passes the colors on to her kids . . .the calico's name is Eery . . .

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    thank-you brandi. . . I felt so awful for not going to check them before bed yesterday . . .

12. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Don't be hard on yourself... things like this just happen... Trust me, I know it is REALLY hard when they do happen, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (corny.. I know... but it is true). And I know better than anyone, that this site is full of people that are here whenever you need a shoulder to cry on :hug: