The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Hope everyone doing well. I just noticed that my kid doe is having an abnormal back area. She has a depression near his vulva on one side. I noticed it today. She is with a 7 month old buck but that buck doesn't have capability to do anything.
What is it?

Hair Head Felidae Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats

Hair Head Eye Jaw Felidae

Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Fawn Whiskers Snout

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,147 Posts
Bump.

She is with a 7 month old buck but that buck doesn't have capability to do anything.
Can you explain this more? What do you mean by the buck isn't able to do anything? Has he been castrated? If not, then the two really shouldn't be together.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,147 Posts
Ok, I would definitely castrate him very soon as he is more than old enough to breed and I'm assuming the doeling will start coming into heat soon.

Sorry I don't have any advice for your doeling, I'm sure others will chine in soon though!

·
Super Moderator
31,791 Posts
Is this new for her or has she always been shaped like that? Looks like swelling to me but pic is a bit blurry.
As for your buck..hes 7 months old.. which means, unless there is fertility issues there, he can and will breed her.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How's your girl doing @Hasankhurshid29?
@toth boer goats @happybleats @goat rocks

Thanks very much.... Sorry for the late response... I looked it many times closely and its seems natural to me. One more thing I couldn't understand. Why these kids are still small? I am giving them grains. Have milked them till 5-6 months of age. There digestive system are in great shape. No eating problems. But still there size is small.

Working animal Horse Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout

Some closeups:
Dog breed Goat Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass

Fawn Horse Liver Terrestrial animal Snout

The smallest one:
Working animal Goat Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

·
Super Moderator
31,791 Posts
Pretty goats. Always loved their look. Have you done a fecal to check for parasites?

·
Super Moderator
31,791 Posts
Would be in your best interest to learn to do fecals at home if you can't get a vet to do it. There are several web pages and you tube to teach how.
How are the goats famachas? (Lower inner eye lid color)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Scour-X is recommended for scours (diarrhea) in all animals including cattle, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, and cats. It effectively controls and treats enteritis of bacterial origin, especially scours in calves, foals, and other animals caused by salmonella and col¡ form organisms. It is also effective against necrotic enteritis and provides anti-bacterial activity without increased risk of renal damage. Composition: Each ml contains Sulphadiazine BP 35.500mg, Sulphadimidine BP Vet. 28.400mg, Neomycin Sulphate BP 1.800mg, Hyoscine Methylbromide MS 0.040mg, Pectin USP 7.100mg, Kaolin BP 103.300mg, Vitamin B1 BP 0.150mg, Vitamin B2 BP 0.220mg

Does this composition have medicine to kill the parasites you are suspecting?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would be in your best interest to learn to do fecals at home if you can't get a vet to do it. There are several web pages and you tube to teach how.
How are the goats famachas? (Lower inner eye lid color)
First thing this is my doubt only that there growth is slow. What you people think about their size with respective to the age? My doubts are because everyone shows bigger size goats in this age here but I can't verify that they are qouting the age correct

·
Super Moderator
31,791 Posts
It's hard to say how their size looks from these pix unless they are next to other goats of same age to compare. How much do they weigh compared to the others of same age?

Reactions: Hasankhurshid29

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,925 Posts
Are these pureblood Gulabi goats? Do you keep check on their famacha? That is important. That tells you if the goat is healthy,or starting to have worms or become anemic. I understand these are good for meat and or dairy. The adult you have standing with the kids looks very healthy. The kids look thin, but being around 6 to 7 months old. They will put on weight then grow and look thin. That is normal. Keep feeding hay,Leaves, and Browse. They are very nice!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are these pureblood Gulabi goats? Do you keep check on their famacha? That is important. That tells you if the goat is healthy,or starting to have worms or become anemic. I understand these are good for meat and or dairy. The adult you have standing with the kids looks very healthy. The kids look thin, but being around 6 to 7 months old. They will put on weight then grow and look thin. That is normal. Keep feeding hay,Leaves, and Browse. They are very nice!
Thanks very much
The female is not a pure bloodline Gulabi but the breeder at the farm was. 2 white bucks together are the child of the mama goat standing behind

Also please check this: is this method correct for castration, its called punching method here:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts