7 wk old ND babies

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kritterkeeper, Sep 1, 2010.

1. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    Hello

I have said a little bit about these babies twin ND doe babies 7 wks old
    my question today is

I am buying the babies, and I got them but could not get them to take a bottle, so I have Mom too..till the babies are weaned:

Mom is very skiddish- is not friendly at all. So of course the babies are acting like her, so two question -

how much time do they need to spend with mom in 24 hrs for feeding? How often should they have to nurse? because I would like to separate them as much as possible.

and two even though I like to see babies have milk for at least 3 mo how old can they be when you wean them?

Thank you
    Donna

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I wean at 8-10 weeks some I let nurse longer because they are smaller or seem to need that extra time but most are off mom by 10 weeks.

You can separate them and only let them nurse off mom twice a day. Like morning and night.

But until mom leaves its going to be hard for them to associate with you as caregiver due to their skittish nature.

3. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    Thank you so much...

I think starting Monday- When I am no longer baby sitting- the kids I babysit do not help any at all, with them being scared and jumpy.. I will bring them in the house with us and let them be with Mom only a couple times a day for 30 min or so at a time. till they are 10 weeks old. then I will take Mom back to her home. :)

Thank you again
    Donna