7mo old doe in meat class

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by nancy d, Sep 12, 2008.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Took a leap of faith and put a 7 mo doe in a meat class. Nothing to lose...not much tail pigmentation, little color on ears or head. Nothing to lose. Long & level, good legs & everything else correcto mundo.
    She came out Reserve Grand!
    The other 4 we brought didnt do well but just being with other goat ppl was well worth it, I learned a whole lot..watched a couple penned next to us talking about all kinds of aspects of goat meat industry.

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    :stars: hoorah! :stars:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so correct..............toe........moon...doe.....LOL . :) .......fonzie......good job,,see you never know.....

I feel good...... :dance: ............I knew that I would.... :cool: :leap: :thumbup:

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Congratulations- that's great. Does do tend to grow more slowly and of course are usually not so muscled so she must be something else.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations that is great news. Did you have to sell the goats? I know around here if they take Grand or Reserve, it has to be sold.

6. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Thanks all, no I didnt have to sell her,altho I would... it was nt a terminal class. Is that just for 4h?
    she was only spot cleaned not shaven...just a little trim around the feet & tail..she's not even very large maybe 65lb.

7. Poverty Bay

Poverty Bay New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Were you doin' the Puyallup? I was there watching on Thursday but I don't know anyone. >yet!<

8. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Well golly gee PovertyBay, where do you live? Would have loved to meet you! Did you do barn M at all? We were next to the folks who made a virtual office in an extra pen and lots of colorful print-outs of their goaties on the wall.
    If you were watching Thurs I was the one who hollered to someone in the stands if she could help show. :shades:

9. Poverty Bay

Poverty Bay New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Poverty Bay=Federal Way.

If you were the Boer shower in the Dairy section -- and "In it for the Doe"-- we *did* meet. Sort of. I was in the red/white/blue tie-dye tee and my friend and I spoke to you briefly a couple of times. We wondered about what "twist" meant.

10. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    I did spend a little time in the dairy barn and distinctly remember seeing someone in a really great tye dyed shirt and comenting on it!

11. Poverty Bay

Poverty Bay New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Okay! I gotcha! I don't remember you asking for help in the stands but I missed some of the show. I will be sure to say hey in the future. I think the other lady said she was from Spokane -- not Snohomish.

Sorry for the late replies. Can't get on at work currently and I got hit with some extra shifts.

Sandy

12. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yes there was a couple of Boer exhibitors in the Dairy barn from Spokane.