The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
There appears to be no association found between the treatment with a variety of antibiotics or vitamin / mineral supplements and clinical response.
That is really interesting that contradicts so completely and thoroughly the information here.

http://www.goatworld.com/articles/fks/fksrw.shtml

collected on the same site, and also that I've read elsewhere. More research again.

I've never seen FKS, luckily. Have you seen it? If so, how did you treat it?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I like this article contrasting the 2 conditions. I swear I'll never read everything available on the OCR site. They are so thorough.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yay, so excited for you! I've been following along anxiously checking for updates. I cant imagine what you've gone through. I'd be a mess!!

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Oh my goodness!!!! YAY.

The temp is a little low, so keep an eye on that. She can't digest if it goes much lower at all.

YAY!!!

PLEASE keep us updated in the next few days.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Oh my goodness!!!! YAY.

The temp is a little low, so keep an eye on that. She can't digest if it goes much lower at all.

YAY!!!

PLEASE keep us updated in the next few days.
Will do. Thanks for all your support through this, as well as the bottle guidance. I love when people "tell it to me straight" - easier to get things right that way!

One day at a time, but I definitely am hopeful.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
You are very welcome. And sorry if I was brusque. I could have been much more verbose had I not been trying to type with Bag Balm on my hands... in between milkers...

Reactions: Darby77

·
Registered
609 Posts
That is really interesting that contradicts so completely and thoroughly the information here.

http://www.goatworld.com/articles/fks/fksrw.shtml

collected on the same site, and also that I've read elsewhere. More research again.

I've never seen FKS, luckily. Have you seen it? If so, how did you treat it?
I have never seen FKS and hope I never do. I believe that I would get colostrum at first finding the kids and feed them that to start with. Then fresh goat milk and also maybe the V B and selenium paste from my finger tips in very small amounts. Every one wants to give the best care they can for their Goats. I will give Coolbreeze89 credit for doing a great job. I hope it works out for her.

Reactions: mariarose
41 - 52 of 52 Posts