The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My 8 week old bottle baby lamancha stopped taking a bottle yesterday. She's eating hay and grain. No diarrhea but I just saw her poop and it looks like it has mucus? No fever. Slightly lethargic. Can anybody help me identify what's going on with the poop? I'm sure it relates to her refusing a bottle. This was after a small enema too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temp is 103.7. I gave the enema because I hadn't seen her poop in about 48 hours even after nutri drench and vitamin b. She was munching on hay like crazy and even eating grain but wants nothing to do with the bottle.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Temp is slightly elevated. Do you have free water and free minerals? Is she chewing her cud?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Temp is slightly elevated. Do you have free water and free minerals? Is she chewing her cud?
Free water definitely. I actually just scrubbed their trough out yesterday and added electrolytes to it. I'm going to get some minerals today. They have access to a salt block but I have been reading thats not nearly enough for them. She is cud chewing slightly but not as much as the other goats. I'm thinking it's something to do with her rumen though because I can't seem to hear hers as well as the other goats.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Has she had coccidia prevention?

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
A fecal is wise. We do prevention even without a fecal as with coccidia is best to prevent than to treat. Coccidia does a lot of damage in a short time. When you do corid..please see instructions in the health and wellness section stickies Up top. Prepared Corid needs to be diluted then dosed careful. No thiamine or b complex at all until 5 day treatment is complete. then do 3 days of either thiamine or b complex a day after shes done. If you have trouble finding those instructions on how to dilute and dose..please let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts