The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We returned last night from a week long trip to find out that yesterday our 8 week old spotted Nubian doeling - 8 weeks old was injured out in the field somehow. We are not 100% sure what happened yet as we have a communication barrier with the man that takes car of our animals while we are gone. Anyway we know that somehow the kid was injured and she is now unable to stand on her front two legs. When we picked her up the legs kind of just dangled. She is laying down only.

So I figure we have two possibilities - two broken/fractured front legs - or some type of paralysis (not sure if that is possible to just lose front leg use). I will try to add more information later today. But any direction you can provide will be appreciated.​

·
Registered
30,618 Posts
agreed...a vet is needed..if her legs are broke..she will need xrays to see how bad..and how to deal with it

I would also get her temp
a shot of B complex for stress
move her often..from side to side ..prop her up if she cant hold her self in a sitting positions..

·
Registered
30,618 Posts
any news?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

Okay... So here is what was found. After getting her checked, Both legs were indeed broken. One below the knee and one above the knee. The brakes are fairly severe.

For a little more information, the man watching them is my dads employee who takes care of his cattle ranch who is Spanish speaking, so that is why we have a communication barrier. He is very reliable, but i am not bilingual and he is light on English.

The goats name is cookies n cream, named by my children, because of the black and white spots. Here is hoping we can work towards a complete recovery.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
30,618 Posts
awe..poor baby...hopefully she will mend well...glad you were able to get her to the vet...best wishes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts