The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our mini lamancha wether has a small lump under his left jaw. There is no opening or anything. Just a hard little mass.Here are a few pictures...
I had my whole herd tested and everyone was CAE negative so I am a little confused.. and worried...

ForumRunner_20130628_200449.jpg

ForumRunner_20130628_200544.jpg

ForumRunner_20130628_200623.jpg

Attachments

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say it is hard?? From these pictures it looks like milk neck, but if that is what it is then it should be soft and fatty feeling, not hard. Hmm... Going to have to see what others think as well.
Going back out for me to feel my husband is the one who did first and when I said the soft and fatty feeling he said yeah that's what is said. So out to the barn we go again and I will check rather than taking the pictures...

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just got back in and the lump is squishy feeling. It isn't hard at all, just fatty and squishy feeling. It is right where the jaw and through meet. After reading a little more I think it could definately be milk neck. His dame has very rich milk and is a high producer. He and his sister are both feeling rather heavy!!!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
No worries, milk goiter. ;) My doe had one last year when her brother was weaned and she got all the milk. Means they are getting plenty of RICH stuff. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
So just got back in and the lump is squishy feeling. It isn't hard at all, just fatty and squishy feeling. It is right where the jaw and through meet. After reading a little more I think it could definately be milk neck. His dame has very rich milk and is a high producer. He and his sister are both feeling rather heavy!!!
That's good. Milk neck is defiantly nothing to worry about. :) You got some healthy well fed kids there!

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Pheww... I was scared for a moment then I came here and got additional help! You guys are an amazing asset to a pretty new and learning goat mom!

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks likmilk goiter to me,you will find it follows in familys,teejae
His sister doesn't have one? Is this something I should watch for with this doe's kids next year too?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts