9 volt batteries

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 12, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hey!
    I've been shopping on Premier one, sick and tired of the temporary field fence i have, I need Electric!!! it's always the same offenders, then the stupid ones just follow them underneath... I've stretched that thing 5 times!!

And today we had a huge Rotti come by while the goats were loose!.. what a bunch of idiot goats. :roll:

So, I know I need a 9 volt, but no idea what AH is??
    there's 55, 75, 120 165. i'm lost!

I'm going to get the http://www.premier1supplies.com/fencing.php?mode=detail&fence_id=39

http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.php?prod_id=377
    164'

2. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    AH stands for ampere hour. It is not a charge but simply current or ampere flowing for one hour into a load. Discuss your need with Premier they should be able to advise you right

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thank you
    I did send them an email.. i should hear back soon!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    they responded this morning, less than 24 hrs!!

she suggested Electro Net instead of Enet. because it's sturdier with posts. she suggested a 42 " but my lazy Boers won't jump ..lol. opf course this fence is more expensive!
    Also, she said that the longs the AH, the longer it will last, and less you'll have to replace.

She gave me some sympathy.. for living in Alaska and shipping is STILL going to be out the roof though. darn, I was hoping to get a deal, if I tugged on some heart strings with my story of how a doe died because I couldn't get antibiotics because shipping was $75 I didn't have... ok, true story btw.

5. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    Aww sorry about your doe. That bites.

Hope you can find some fencing at a reasonable shipping price.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is terrible about your doe...I am sorry.... :(

I worry about netting with hot in it... as the horns can tangle so easy...... you will need to watch them for a while...after setting it up... in case the instigator tries to test the netting.... until they learn to stay away from it... once one gets bit by the line.....another one goes to investigate..... :roll: :wink:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah they're known as dumb animals..but really they're just clever. I think I may have it goat - proofed now, I screwed in 2x6's along the bottom of the fence line. hopefully that will deter them... i mean they're in a huge pen with wild roses, all sorts of shrubs and tall grasses, and they want the dead spruce trees on the outside?!? sometimes I wonder about them...lol

and btw pam, that buckling on your site.... HOLY GOATS! 101 and 4 months..makes me want to weigh Rush, beautiful!

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe...glad you got it all figured out.. :thumb: ....they are cleaver....that is for sure.... :wink: Gosh they are in a dessert smorgasbord....LOL

Yeah ...the funny thing is... I was joking about his weight to Steve ...and said to him... I bet he weighs at least 100lbs.... cause he was so big and strong............if he doesn't want to move.... he turns into a lead weight or a stubborn mule... :laugh: .... . :p We actually weighed him... on the digital scale and was very shocked... :shocked: .... we never had a 4mo...... at that weight...... so it really shocked us... as well..... :wink: :greengrin: :thumb:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol! durn goats!

luckily you trained Rush good and he's good leading. unless he sees a pretty tree or something :roll: I seriously love this goat.

Can't wait to see your new one too!!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Goats are something with fences...they can squeeze through... the smallest area's ............years ago when we got 2 baby goats...this was way before we really got into them...we had 2 little bottle babies...DH would walk to the house and turn around to find the little babies got out of the field and were following him.... he put them back in the field...walked to the house backwards....and discovered they were getting out...through a very small space....it is amazing how they can wiggle around and get through it....just like my mature does....the brats squeeze themselves down... to fit into my creep feeder... then yell for me to get them out....after the treats are gone... :laugh: ... cause they can't figure out that part... :doh: So yep... I know the escapee thing... :wink:

LOL :laugh: Yep... Rush was really easy and very smart....so... I am glad you are able to work with him.....he was always a sweetheart.... and he should throw that temperament to his kids.... Sorry about the tree thing....HeHe.... :laugh:

11. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    lol, just like Ferdinand?

12. ArcticGoats

ArcticGoats New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    I use netting from Premier to move my goaties around and it works really great. But you don't need a battery from them - i heard that these guys MAKE batteries here IN ALASKA !!! http://www.absak.com/ - they have the same things (deep cycle type) Premier has and you don't have to ship.

FYI - the 9V from Premier is not rechargeable - you probably want a 12V that you can recharge with at least 12 amp hours - which I got from abs for 50$. Sure, Premier's is only 30 but shipping would be more than 20$. abs also has a 30ah but its about 90$. They also have all the solar stuff (which I am coveting but haven't sprung for yet).

The abs website shows all the expensive stuff but call the store down in your area to see what they have.

Hope that helps.

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow thanks! they have a location in Anchorage too. ;)

I have no idea which one would work (total tech newby!)

and yeah, my does love the creep feeder too :( lol

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow ...ArcticGoats that is a big help for Katrina....great job... :thumb:

:wink: