$900.00 buck???

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nhsmallfarmer, Jul 23, 2008.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I found this ad on NH craigslist do you think its a misprint or is this little guy really worth $900.00 :shrug: I just thought that was an outrageous price for a day old buckling what do you think?
    http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/766722849.html
    ad reads:
    Pure White Nigerian Dwarf Buck - $900 (milford)
    We had a late kidding last night (july 23) he is adga and AGS registered. And if not he would make a great wether. He has had his colostrum and will have had his shots and been disbudded. He is white all over and cute as can be. When i get a chance to get some pics i will post them or if youre interested i can get some ASAP.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It has to be a misprint ,unless the kid is made of pure gold :wink:

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea the fact it says - or would be a great wether- really gives me doubts

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Hey guys! I emailed the lady, she said it was a misprint and he is $600! Still waaaaaay to overpriced for a new kid! Wow, I thought he was going to be like $90, not $600 and she said he needs to be bottle fed! I hope no one goes for that deal! :doh: Oh boy...

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    haha maybe she's paying them 600!

wouldn't that be nice

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It does seem a little overpriced but keep in mind that he is double registered,and if he has good confirmation he may be worth a lot.I'm not by any means saying that he is worth $600 I'm just saying that I'm sure the woman has her reasons.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Wow! That's a lot of money! There are $600 Nigerians out there, many of them. . . . usually people that sell them have very good reasons for doing so, excellent bloodlines, conformation, etc. I don't think I'd ever buy a $600 goat off CraigsList. Hope she either has very good reasons for selling him at that price or no one goes for it. :wink:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    did she have pics on her post?

9. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He must have some of the best bloodlines, super conformation, and both parents are champions if a bottle baby is $600! I don't really think Craigslist is the place to sell a $600 goat. Hahaha, I think it's hilarious myself! :ROFL:
    There weren't any pics...should I request a couple? I would, but i'd feel bad knowing i'm not interested at all especially since i'm clear across the country! It would be sooooo interesting to see though!

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    ha ha Thats overpriced. If I was asking that much for a goat I would have several nice pictures and the bloodlines listed. Goats around here aren't going for much right now. Especially Nigerians.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - had to do it! I am so EVIL! I sent her an email requesting pictures and pedigree. Said that I would like a body shot of him standing and also a face pic.

We will see if I get a response.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ha! thats evil! but i wonder what this goat will look like..has to be a pretty good goat

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I never ever put in the email that I was interested in purchasing - I just put the following word for word. :wink:

"I have seen your ad for the Nigerian buckling. I am curious as to his pedigree and also to his sire's dam's udder and confirmation.

Could you please send a couple pics of him showing him from the side standing and also his face.

Thank you
    Allison Spacek"

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh that works then, good wording

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Aren't you bad?! :slapfloor:

16. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Allison, you just couldn't help yourself could ya!?! :slapfloor: Can't wait to see what he looks like!!!

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    getting requests from people not interested isnt uncommon as people tend to like to see what you have priced that high and if they have animals who are compatable and able to sell for that much.

I ask for info sometimes and after I see I decide I dont want/need/like so it isnt like you are being terrible.

I would be interested to see as well.

Pocketsizedgoats has a buck up for sale that is young but did WELL in the show ring and he is 600.00 So it isnt unreasonable.

18. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Over the years I've seen some people get huge prices for their animals. Basically they ask and wait for the right person to come by. I on the other hand am embarassed to ask for any money at all. Thank goodness I don't have to make a living with my animals. lol
    More power to that lady- she may singlehandedly raise the value of every goat in her area.

19. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I hope she does raise the value of every goat in her (our) area as right now I cant even get 50.00 for my 5 month old doeling an buckling, the market here has fallen drastically BUT the price of hay i have seen hit over 10 bucks a bail at the grain store! go figure lol

20. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Hey guys...I didn't even ask for pics, but this lady just emailed some to me this morning. :shrug: Maybe she's in a hurry to sell?? He sure is a cute little thing...I really like his mom! Allison, definately post this boys pedigree though! He very well could be worth $600 although I would never pay that much! Anyway, here ya go...