The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My goat who miscarried a weeks ago still looks extremely pregnant! So here is my question...................is it possible for a goat to have twins, miscarrying one, whilst keeping the other?

Ed

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
not that I am aware of if it was a fullterm kid that was aborted and the placenta along with it. They can retain a kid but usually its mummified.

if they aborted early on in pregnancy sometimes one can survive and come to full term.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I had a doe that I thought aborted at 100 days gestation.... she had blood dripping for a day and a half.... never found a fetus though. She just delivered a healthy set of twins at 147 days gestation..... don't know what happened. :)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have a doe who started bleeding during her last pregnancy and I thought she aborted. When she started making an udder I decided she hadn't or at least hadn't lost all the fetuses. She went on to deliver twin bucklings. I did find the cause of the bleeding though. The buck I had in with her was horned. It seems he would come up under her and hooked his horn on her vulva and tore it. He also tore a large gash in her udder. The bucks horns were tipped at this time to prevent it from happening again. Sadly we lost the buck to the dreaded meningeal worm last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts