The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe that shows no signs of being copper def. she is black so no red to her coat, no fish tail, all around healthy acting. He coat is rough, I have had her since october and have yet to see her breed and has run with the buck since I got her, looking at her bag you can tell she has had batches of kids before. After reading Im thinking she is sel. def. I have gave her the past before but am guessing thats just not cutting it for her. I had plans to go to the vet and get some bose, after talking to 'someone' today I got some from them, it saved me a 1 1/2hour trip to the vet. so my questions
1. how much do you give? I have read about 4 different doeses, so why that much?
2. It says not to give to bred sheep, but nothing about cows, pigs and of course nothing of goats lol. Again I have yet to see a heat from her, I have only missed 2 goats due dates, but still the chance she is bred is there, so does this apply to goats as well?
3. On one of the sights it says under doesing is dangerous.....Im guessing type-o but want to make sure.
I like this doe very much from her looks to personality, but if she does not show signs of heat or being bred by october Im going to sell her, so this and you guys are kinda her last chance.

·
Super Moderator
58,933 Posts
Every one of my pregnant girls gets a BoSe shot 4 weeks prior to delivery. So yes, it is fine to give a pregnant goat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts