a few more questions....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by raftert, Apr 20, 2009.

1. raftert

raftert New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I can't thank everyone enough for all the help I have already gotten. My questions just keep on coming though....I am going to get some minerals today as well as set up something for baking soda for them in their pen. Now I'm on to deworming and vaccinating. I read through a lot of posts on another section here which was great.

So what I really need is to clarify a few things - I know I can get injectable Ivermectin from the vet and I'm sure I read that I actually give it orally - it this correct?

Is there a way to estimate the weight of the goats for dosage?

What does CD/T stand for?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    CD/T = Clostridium Perfringens Types C & D Plus Tetanus Toxoid

C & D is the vaccination against enterotoxemia - also called overeating disease. Do a search there was a thread about this not to long ago

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
  4. raftert

raftert New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I actually tried a search, but it told me that the term CD/T was too broad and I needed to narrow it down. Which I couldn't do because I didn't know what it stood for lol. I read a thread on it, but all the references to it just used the abbreviation.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do a search for enterotoxemia

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You can get Ivomac Injectable from your local feed store's....
    yes ...you can give it orally or under the skin.....Most like giving it by mouth ....but depending on the situation... if they have a certain type of lice ect. ... it treats the problem ....injecting it.. :wink:

enterotoxemia:
    http://www.goatworld.com/articles/enter ... mia2.shtml