A Few New Goats!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Iwantgoats, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    I brought home some goats last night cause I'm a sucker and couldn't let them go to the meat man on Saturday.

[​IMG]
    The sisters, I call them. Their not real friendly yet but that'll change. One has waddles.

[​IMG]
    I've named this one Lily, she's real friendly and has waddles.
    [​IMG]
    This is Lily's pooch, they had males and females all running together, young and old and I'm afraid this poor young doe may have been tagged, what do you all think?

[​IMG]
    This is Buttercup, she's also friendly.

And...three little baby boys, Buttercup feeds the two darkest one but not the white one. He's eating hay and grain, should I supplement with a bottle if he'll take it or no?
    [​IMG]

The man brought these in to the sell barn...three does and three babies. You could tell he went out to his pasture picked his bucks and three females and said they went together when they didn't. Of the three does buttercup was the only one with any kind of an udder. The other two had no udder, he just wanted to rid hisself of the boys. Some ppl just irritate me....Grrr....

I could of brought home more but this more than doubled my herd now, lol.

2. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I need to not look at these pictures, lol. Ya'll make me want more goats. hehe. It's a good thing I have a lot of self control. That is how I ended up with Parsley, because of my superior self control... *rolls eyes*

I really like Buttercup. She is pretty. They are ALL cute.

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Nice goats you got and it was nice that you saved them. I would say little lily is either prego or in heat. Poor girl looks really young if she is bred. Good luck and have fun with your girls.

4. fruittartcaprines

fruittartcaprines New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Very nice goats! They are darling!!!

5. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

They are indeed darling!

6. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Very nice crew ya got there!

Ha! I saw the words waddles on another post and was wondering what that meant...thot maybe a desease. Now I know what they are!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can try him with a bottle but he may not take it-- looks like he is 6 weeks old not quite weaning age