A Few Of The Herd

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Just Kiddin', Nov 21, 2008.

1. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    OK so here are some pics of a few Nubians in our herd. If I were to post them all this would be a HUGE post! LOL

[​IMG]
    "Waylon"...One of our newest herd sires...2008 Kastdemur's Buck

[​IMG]
    "Finneus"...One of our Yearling Herd Sires

[​IMG]
    "Aasia"... Yearling Doe

[​IMG]
    "Maurissa"...Another of our Yearling Does

[​IMG]
    April 2008 Doe

[​IMG]
    Another April 2008 Doe

[​IMG]
    Bragging rights from our last show! :dance:

We have a few more herd sires and a lot more does. Our lines consist of Kastdemur's, Lakeshore, and Longman's just to name a few. We've done awesome with these lines and couldn't ask for more!

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i like the color of the last doe gorgeous

3. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    I'm kind of scared to see how she looks when we shave all that hair off though LOL. We have another doe that's pretty much that same color and when we shaved her the first time she was almost black underneath. She was shaved like 3 days before a show too so it wasn't good LOL. Now I know to shave this one a little earlier before our next show just in case she's dark underneath too. She's pretty with all her hair so we'll have to wait and see what she looks like shaved.

4. Candy

Candy New Member

VERY nice Nubies! You should be very proud.
    Candy :sun:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Pretty goats! Thanks for sharing!!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    beautiful. Congrats on the wins too :)

7. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    You sure do have some beautiful goats in your herd. I can see why you are so proud of them. :shades:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    WOW - those Nubians are just gorgeous!!! They are just amazing. I have a Nubian buck from the Goldswaithe line - I can't wait to see him mature out. His dam and sire were just amazing.

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i had a nubian doe who did the same thing.. the soultion was.. when i was clipping , go with the hair instead of against it. it leaves it longer, and its smoother

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Nice boys and girls! I do have to say that I love Waylon though!

11. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Very pretty Nubians!! Who is Waylon out of? I love the Kastdemur and Lakeshore lines!

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice Nubian's and they come with proof in the pudding.....ribbons...that is so wonderful.... :) :love: :thumbup:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful goats....I just love those ears! Waylon is very striking with his color pattern....really stands out.

14. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Thank you all for the great compliments. Waylon is my sons favorite too. His color is really cool. We got lucky getting him and when we went to pick him up she said she was mad at herself for selling him because he's turning out better than his dad. He should do great things for our herd.

Farmgirl: He's out of Kastdemur's I'll Be Back and looks exactly like his dad with that coloring. He had a sister and a grandmother that won at Nationals this year. My son wants to take him to Nationals in 2009. He's very proud of that goat LOL.

That last dark little doe is a littleeee too fine boned so we're hoping she fills out a little. The older dark one I was telling you all about was the same way but she filled out just right when she hit yearling so hopefully this one will too.

15. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Lovely Nubians Crystal, we raise Mini-Nubians here in Holmes County, Ohio ( the heart of Amish country ).

16. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Beautiful Nubians, Waylon in my favorite, just love that coloring!

17. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Beautiful Nubians! I like Waylon the best...I love most of the Kastdemur's lines. I looked...his sire is out of Mystique and Arnold. Who is his dam?

I'd be proud of that buck if he were mine!! Your son might not know, but bucks cannot be shown at Nationals.

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations on the winnings. :clap: I sure see why. They are all beautiful.