A few pics :)

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HoosierShadow, Oct 17, 2020.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I was taking pics of a doe kid we will eventually be pushing to sell, and decided to attempt some sunset pics. Technically with all the trees you can't get pretty sunsets, but why not some sun glare with goats? lol

Willow, my daughters favorite doe hopefully is bred to kid for the first time end of Dec. We had a doe come back in heat the other day so I told my husband we are doing blood tests next week - fingers crossed the 4 who are supposed to be bred are so and not just fatties.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mindy - my baby. She was just bred a couple of days ago for March babies. She is our smallest adult doe, getting ready to turn 3 next year, was a tiny triplet runt that we bottle raised and she owns the place. She is currently miss gate Houdini, which is hilarious in a way. I was watching out the window this morning while making breakfast - kids were finishing feeding goats, and Mindy opened the gate and let herself out. She ran to the barn, is stubborn, can't chase her out, she won't move (spoiled brat lol), so my daughter grabs a horn and has to drag her back to the pen lol. She kidded for the first time in January and had the best growing rates in her kids, praying she has another nice set of kids, would love to be able to keep a doe kid from her next year! I absolutely didn't want to sell her doe kid this year, but with too many projects, we decided not to retain any kids.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a video of Mindy attempting to escape when we put her by the buck a week and a half ago! prior to this video I was feeding, doing hay, water, etc. in their pen turned around and her and the other doe had escaped... Mindy had opened the gate lol! (Don't mind the gate, it is temporary in place as we are working on new barn/setup).

If Jazzy isn't bred for Dec kids, she is going on a MAJOR diet lol Can't see it in the pics, but she is WIDE - naturally big belly, but wow....huge now lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nobody else would really pose for pics, but I got some of the dog!

She will not look at the camera, this series is in the exact order they came out of the camera - I had her ball in one hand, camera in the other and was bribing her while saying 'Cheese, yummy!' So this is her 'I want to play now and eat cheese' faces haha!
    [​IMG]

Finally a pose!
    [​IMG]

Natural pose!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Great photography - and beautiful animals. Mine are blurry pictures of my thumb.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Loved her opening the gate! They are so ornery! Just love watching them figure things out!

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  6. GodsGarden

GodsGarden Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Colorado
    A pic thread, yeah! By HoosierShadow, double yeah! Your pictures always look so nice. Nice peaceful pictures to me. Can see the first one up on my wall, lol. I love too how the full red doe in with Mindy looked at Mindy as Mindy was walking away like, "Hey, aren't you going to finish opening the gate for me?"