A few questions?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by loveallgoats, May 15, 2009.

1. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    At what point will my doe's udder start "really" developing. She is due around the 22nd of June so i guess its a bit early but so far she has not gotten much. Also, when should I start checking for movement and expect movement from the kid? She is a nubian around 1.5years old and this is her first time. My first time too :wink:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    30 days before kidding date ...you should start to see udder development.....

Also at 30 days before kidding date...it is a good idea to give her CD&T tetnus toxoid.....to help the babies build immunity... has she had any CD&T shots prior?

You should be able to feel the kids movements now.....sometimes it takes a little patients ...while other times ....they are playing soccer...LOL :wink: :greengrin:

3. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    You should see a little udder development now, but some does don't develop one until right before they kid.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree with Toth...udder is usually fuller about 30 days before delivery, though some FF( first fresheners) will develope a bit earlier and as K-Ro said some don't until just before delivery. As far as feeling kid movement, I don't feel any on my preggy does til they are into their 4th month, if you place your palm on her belly, just in front of her udder and gently push into her right side, you may feel kicks as you back off the pressure. Sounds like you are in for some cute little "long ears" very soon.

And with her due date a bit more than a month away, as Toth said, giving her the CD/T vaccination would be a good thing for her kids.

5. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    thank you for the replys. I was checking for kid movement the other day and thought i felf something but was not sure if it was just wishful thinking LOL! I ordered tetnus shot for her today so she will be getting that.