A happy herd?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by liz, Jun 29, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's been a week since we lost Tilly and I am still jumpy with my girls.....Allison and Stacey know this too well :wink:
    I hope to think that they are doing well now and I won't need to fear illness in the coming weeks, I think they look pretty content here.
    [​IMG]
    This one is bittersweet to me, Heidi has chosen her grandma Bootsie to replace the bond she had with her mama Tilly, she used to lay like this with her alot.
    [​IMG]
    Bailey has been bullying Heidi, but Grammy Boots keeps her in line!
    [​IMG]

Of course I couldn't get single shots of Angel or Binky....they had their faces buried in the grass!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe thats so sweet of Bootsie

Yup I say they look content

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They look like they are doing real well - I think you are in the clear - although I know the fear will be there for some time.

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Liz......I can only imagine your worry......heck, I worry myself everyday over my guys. Your girls look very happy and content, so happy Heidi is doing ok after the loss of her mom.

I was going to order some of the sulfate for my guys until hearing what happened to you, I think I'll pass......my guys eyelids are pale to me, but clean fecals.....just can't figure it out.....I too wonder about the copper, but afraid to give.

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Aww that is sweet about granny Bootsie :) They look happy to me :)

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They look very happy!

Bailey looks a lot like my Kookie! She's really nice!

You've got a gorgeous herd Liz!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    O h how sweet... :greengrin: ..your goats are very nice... and doing well.... :thumbup:

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    A wonderful place you have there. It's great that Heidi has grandma Bootsie to keep her company, and yes understand the "bittersweet" completely.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    See all that nice green grass? My girls would rather have hay handed to them than to eat that gorgeous stuff! I'm going to need to mow their yard as it is almost knee high!

Thank you all for the nice comments, I do love my girls and each of their different personalities! Can you believe that Boots and I played a game of "tag" in the pasture today? At 9 years old, this over weight matriarch remembered the game we played in her "childhood"! It was something to see her get her 90# body off the ground, jumping and playing like a kid again :love:

10. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia