The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Goat Lover
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is a story about my Boer doe Beverley. I will have had her for a year this month and she has proven to be a wonderful addition to the family.

I had an ad on craigslist for unwanted goats. I got an email from a women that said she had a goat that she wanted to get let go because she was wasting away on a chain. I of course said yes, without even knowing what kind she was.
The girl brought her over with a brush, fly spray and a pink collar. I could tell this goat was truly loved and that this was hard for the women. Her name is Cara by the way.
We talked for a while and she gave Bevv a tearful goodbye.

I have since kept in touch with Cara.today I sent her some pictures I of Bevv and her kids.

She replies with this... "I have to tell you that made me smile!!! Thank you for the pictures. I'm shopping out today at the Dulles Airport until August 6. Thank you do much, you are a wonderful email pal. I was just talking about Beverley the other day... Wondering how she was doing... Her kids are beautiful. I am so happy she is with you and your family. Thank you for keeping your word on giving her a wonderful home. You are a great person. If you don't mind I would love to come and visit when I get back. I won't be back till August so just let me know. Thank you so much. I do appreciate all the emails and updates. -Cara"

This made me tear up. I got back in touch with her and told her as soon as she got back she could come and visit. She is a great person and she is out serving our country. I hope she doesn't want Bevv back it would break my heart, but I'm not sure if I could say no.

Plant Mammal Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

Hair Head Eye Vertebrate Goat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Good for you both for taking in the goat, but mostly for being so sensitive to the previous owner! And good for her for all that she does in the service and for also being able to put the goat's needs ahead of her feelings. Yay for good women!

·
Registered
31,458 Posts
Good for you!!! Youhave given Cara piece of mind to a pet goat she loved :) kind of like open adoption :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Lovely doe and wonderful of you to take her in!

·
14,615 Posts
This brings a tear to my eye. Of all the places this doe could have gone, you have her. I just love the sweet gentle look in her eyes, thank you for serving by helping not only a service person but her goat who needed a great home.:hug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts