A.I. Collection to take place in TN

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Dairy Goat Lover, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Dairy Goat Lover

Dairy Goat Lover New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I will be hosting an A.I. clinic in October of 2010 at my farm in Jamestown TN. The collection facility is Biogenics from Idaho. I have decided to allow ALL breeds, Meat, Dairy, Fiber, etc. to participate this year. You DO NOT have to live in TN to have your buck collected.

As many of you know there is usually only 2 or 3 farms a year that collect in TN so I thought this would be a great oppurtunity for some of you guys.

There is only enough room for 16 bucks and I must have a general idea of who is coming by May 1st as that is when the company is suppose to get back in touch with us and give us an exact date. And also that way I can make space for your buck and your doe(s).

You must bring your own tease does the day of collection if you plan on having semen collected from your buck. The normal collection fee is somewhere between $3.50 to $5.00 a straw. I am purchasing a new semen tank a month prior to the collection so you can store your semen in my tank for up to 14 days for free.

We will have a potluck lunch that day as well if anyone would like to join in on that.

This is not a requirement by the company BUT for your buck to come onto my farm- your buck needs to be accompanied by a health certificate and be free of hoof rot or any other contagious diseases.

If you would like more info or to get your buck on the list please PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks all! :angelgoat: