The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I don't have any background info on him, but I think he is still pretty young, based on his teeth. I am guessing somewhere between 1 and 2 yrs old. He is over 100lbs, probably around 150lbs, (my estimation from lifting him into the backseat of my Tracker.)

I have attached some additional pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I was thinking he had a good chunk of dairy in him as well. I don't think kills have a romen nose.....to take a total shot on what he is I would say Nubian for sure mixed with Boer and alpine......just my guess though

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought his ears were way to small to be Nubian...my Nubian crosses still have a "floppy" ear that is larger and rounded on the end, his are "firm," small and pointed. They also seem to be set lower on the head than the dairy breeds that I am used to.

He does have a Roman profile though! I thought about that when I was looking him over at the auction, as I knew Roman noses were not the ideal for Kiko's, but on the other hand, I've seen pics of Kiko's that look like they were pretty straight faced...

He may be, as suggested, a complete mutt, which would account for his mixed features, and would explain why he doesn't quite show traits of the half-and-half crosses that I am used to.

And yes, "Sinatra," has beautiful blue eyes!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I thought his ears were way to small to be Nubian...my Nubian crosses still have a "floppy" ear that is larger and rounded on the end, his are "firm," small and pointed. They also seem to be set lower on the head than the dairy breeds that I am used to.

He does have a Roman profile though! I thought about that when I was looking him over at the auction, as I knew Roman noses were not the ideal for Kiko's, but on the other hand, I've seen pics of Kiko's that look like they were pretty straight faced...

He may be, as suggested, a complete mutt, which would account for his mixed features, and would explain why he doesn't quite show traits of the half-and-half crosses that I am used to.

And yes, "Sinatra," has beautiful blue eyes!
I have 2 does with those semi lop like he has. The one is a togg Boer and the other is a.....get ready lol,......a Nubian alpine very little Boer and the owner swears a little pigmy.
Any ways he must have features that you are looking for since you purchased him. I don't think he is bad at all and if he does have dairy IMO if your wanting to keep some doelings out of him is a good thing. The mutt I listed above had some of my best kids. I crossed her with a Boer buck and they looked Boer and grew well. He's a cool looking guy and the neighbor calf seems to like him :D

·
1,172 Posts
Oh he is AWESOME.!!!
I ADORE his eyes..!!!
I don't think I have ever seen a standard-sized goat with blue eyes before.???
Is that normal? I was told by someone only ND's had blue eyes.!!!
But WOW he is GORGEOUS.!!!!
Congratulations to the BOTH of you.!!!
Looks like you got yourself a really nice stud.!!!
And he lucked out NOT going into someone's freezer.!!!
So a BIG Yay for the both of you.!!!

(I have a feeling if there was a standard-sized doe born with blue eyes people would be jumping all over to get her! LOL)

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Oh he is AWESOME.!!!
I ADORE his eyes..!!!
I don't think I have ever seen a standard-sized goat with blue eyes before.???
Is that normal? I was told by someone only ND's had blue eyes.!!!
But WOW he is GORGEOUS.!!!!
Congratulations to the BOTH of you.!!!
Looks like you got yourself a really nice stud.!!!
And he lucked out NOT going into someone's freezer.!!!
So a BIG Yay for the both of you.!!!

(I have a feeling if there was a standard-sized doe born with blue eyes people would be jumping all over to get her! LOL)
There are Boers with blue eyes. It's a DQ by the breed standard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts