A Little Advice Please!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatnutty, Jun 24, 2008.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    o.k. so I posted an ad on a site about my goats for sale and I get a reply saying "I want those goats" w/ a phone #.Should I call the #?
  2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sounds fishy - however, depending on how much info was in the add - it might be legit - just someone with no social skills at all. I would call and tell them that you only accept cash and if that is ok. If they start in about a money order - you know that it is a scam and to contact the sherriff.

DO NOT give them your address until they tell you that cash is ok. Typically they will not list a phone number, only an email address for correspondence.

Hope this helps

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    is the phone number local?

Try searching it on google. Some people have removed theirs from searches like that but others havent' and ti will bring up their name and possibly even their address if a home number.

Calling someone doesnt' hurt most scams come as e-mails.

If you are not so sure still, then try e-mailing them back with YOUR phone number. If they really want the goats they will call you.

Some options to figure out if they are a scam or not.
  4. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    I would just call the #. Some people who use e-mail all the time for work are very short and to the point. Others, like DH, just never know what to say. He won't even leave a message on anybodys machine.
  5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    No it's not a local number but I will try to search it on google.
  6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Dial, #69. That blocks you number. Call them. I mean maybe they really do want them.
  7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I've gotten a couple emails like that and I've replied back and said "What goats?" and I've gotten some really fishy replies back. I'd say reply to the email before you call.