The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always find tips and tricks on here so gonna share :p
My goats hate pellets and they hate sunflower seeds.....they will pick threw everything and push things to the ground to waist. So I got to thinking. I tried the blender.....it broke :( I tried to put in a bag and smash with a hammer.....didn't go so good lol. So I came up with a coffee grinder. I figured if It can grind a coffee bean it can do pellets. So I went to Walmart and got a $10 small coffee grinder and it works!!!! I put my kids to work on it and have a gallon jug full so far. I figure if I start now I'll have enough for the kids when they are born in January lol. But I think when or if this little on croaks I'm going for the commercial grade one for $99.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I used a coffee grinder to grind up some pellets for my home made goat treats also.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works good though huh?? It surprised me. The kids have yet to break it so that's really saying something lol

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have a 3 month old doeling that will not eat pellets either. She will only eat all grain. so i have to buy her her own kind of food just to get something into her.i tried mixing it but she picks around it and leaves the pellets . I was thinking of trying the hammer and a bag thing too. But if the coffee grinder works maybe ill try that and see if it does the trick :)

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the hammer idea I thought would work great but it wouldn't smash good and would end up ripping the bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts