A little nervous!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yep, I'm nervous. I'm leaving for Denton, Texas on the 18th, I'm leaving all of my animals behind to be taken care of by my family. I'll be gone for 10 days. This will also the first ACTUAL vacation I've even ever been on! I'm going to be so worried about all of my babies I don't even know if I'll be able to enjoy it! I'm going with my best friend and her family. I'll constantly be calling home for daily updates. I also don't think I'll have any internet access. Now what all should I put on the emergency list for my family for the goats? lol Can you say paranoid? :wink:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol! its really tough to leave them behind.I had some tough stuff happen while I was away, just make sure everything looks okay before you leave.

hope you enjoy your vacation!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Make sure there is the number for the vet in case of emergency and a number for someone who can come over to help if there is a need. Also the number for the owner of the place where you are boarding them at each place.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Luckily we use the same vet for the goats and all the other animals so that's covered, hhhmmmm, someone who can come and help. The only person I can think of that's even close is Bethany or my boss! I'll ask Bethany if she minds my parents having her number to call in case of emergency, they already have my boss's number. Thanks Stacey!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    great advice ..... :wink:
    Crissa..... try to enjoy yourself.....it is called a vacation ....LOL :wink: ....I know it is easier... said than done....... have a great time....take advantage of the get away...that you are given.... you deserve it :hug:

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Man, I know what you mean! I am always paranoid when I leave my animals...no matter what I try to do to distract myself, they are always in the back of my mind.

It's awesome that you get to go on vacation though--sounds like you are long overdue! Hope you have fun! :)

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well we had to reschedule, we're leaving tomorrow after I get off of work. I'm still packing and unpacking, then repacking! lol I know I'm gonna leave something and then want it whenever we get there. :roll:

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You can give them my number for sure, do you have it? PM me if you don't. Hope you have fun!!

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks Bethany! I pm'd you. :wink: